Eichel injured in practice (10/12)

PASabreFan

Bylsma needs to have this team ON FIRE tomorrow night, and come out scoring,  to put this unfortunate incident out of the minds of the Buffalo media and the Buffalo fans.  If we win, and keep winning, sans Eichel, then everyone will be optimistic - thinking how GOOD this team will be when Eichel rejoins.

IF Bylsma doesn't have the team ready to play, and it's a lackluster showing, then we'll have the beginnings of a  full fledged negativity avalanche in progress.  

Bylsma needs to have this team ON FIRE tomorrow night, and come out scoring,  to put this unfortunate incident out of the minds of the Buffalo media and the Buffalo fans.  If we win, and keep winning, sans Eichel, then everyone will be optimistic - thinking how GOOD this team will be when Eichel rejoins.

IF Bylsma doesn't have the team ready to play, and it's a lackluster showing, then we'll have the beginnings of a  full fledged negativity avalanche in progress.  

I don't know, kinda hard for the team not to be a little deflated out of the gate.    At some point they'll rally, not sure that's tomorrow night.

A lot of speculation on the timing of this injury....so that is up in the air. HOWEVER lets say he was out to January...I would MUCH rather he not be rushed back.

I'll take a star player being out an extra MONTH if he comes back healthy...what I hate is when someone is out for a long period of time...then comes back but we hear he isn't playing 100% for the rest of the year.

I don't know, kinda hard for the team not to be a little deflated out of the gate.    At some point they'll rally, not sure that's tomorrow night.

At least Sabres catch a good break in that Price has the flu or something.. 

I'm thinking that was an abdominal sprain/tear, but not sure.

A hernia maybe?

Regardless, the 2005-2006 season, one of our best ever, only had Daniel Briere play in 48 regular season games. If this team is what we hope it is, having Eichel miss fewer than Danny did that season shouldn't have us depressed that the season is over before it started.

A hernia maybe?

Regardless, the 2005-2006 season, one of our best ever, only had Daniel Briere play in 48 regular season games. If this team is what we hope it is, having Eichel miss fewer than Danny did that season shouldn't have us depressed that the season is over before it started.

We have nowhere near that level of depth though

Okposo out...Eichel out...O'Rielly maybe out for the opener...vs a team with Carey Price...their #1 player out.   Around the league....Crosby (the best, if not one of the best...and the face of the NHL) out....all before the first game.  I know some of this stuff is unrelated....but does it seem like when watching sports these days injuries and games missed are just too big of a part of it?