2016/17 Sabres Fantasy Gambling Contest

Hank

Placing a wager eight minutes after the scheduled faceoff, waiting to see the outcome and then coming back and saying, "whoops! I know I lost but I didn't place my bet on time so I don't really lose! My bad!!", is dishonest. It can't happen.

I was travelling that day and tried to get it in before getting on a flight. Didn't realize at the time the game had already started. Noticed after the game, when I got to the hotel, that I didn't get it in on time. If you want to penalize me then go right ahead... whatever the repercussions I'm fine with it. But it's my understanding you can't bet on a game once it's started.

Edited by pi2000

I was travelling that day and tried to get it in before getting on a flight. Didn't realize at the time the game had already started. Noticed after the game, when I got to the hotel, that I didn't get it in on time. If you want to penalize me then go right ahead... whatever the repercussions I'm fine with it. But it's my understanding you can't bet on a game once it's started.

It looked shady. It is shady. The appearance is had you won your bet you would have quietly accepted your payout. Maybe your traveling scenario would have been appropriate when you announced you didn't really lose because your bet was voided due to lateness.

Next time will wait for the injury report before placing bet. :doh:

Still, considering no ROR, glad they got A point. But dog it, this one was supposed to get my $ basically back to even. :angry:

Uuuuh, yep.

CB - $1975

1 unit on the Sabres.

Loser - CB $1875

Edited by SwampD

It looked shady. It is shady. The appearance is had you won your bet you would have quietly accepted your payout. Maybe your traveling scenario would have been appropriate when you announced you didn't really lose because your bet was voided due to lateness.

What makes you think this?   You and I know that you can't place a bet after a game starts, that's not how gambling works.   I assumed that was a rule here as well.     At the time I was scrambling to board a flight and thought puck drop was at 4:30p, not 4:00p, it was an honest mistake (but I understand you have no reason to believe that, and I have no way to prove that).  

That said, the bet was for 2 units IIRC, I'll take a one unit loss if that makes everyone feel better... but it might help to also be more clear about the rules, IMO all bets placed after puck drop should be voided.    I can only imagine the backlash had I accepted winnings on an invalid bet.    (this is still fake money we're talking about right? haha)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.