Rochester Americans 2016-2017

Cereal

It's weird that Ullmark is a scratch. Did I miss a call up or injury? I left before the end of the third because Mrs. iT was ill last night.

The crunch are a bunch of dirtbags. Took a run at Linus and he started throwing punches. Austin scored the first goal. He's been getting better all the time. Dude is friggin huge. Skating is better and he's beginning to find his way into offensive plays. He and Linus are constantly doing stick bumps or fist bumps. He really takes of Linus. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't earn a call up if not this year then next.

Edited by iTInSn

Whaaaaaat. There's no way RIT could handle that :lol:

Would they really move the Amerks? Good god that would be terrible.

Capacity says 4300. I'll bet they don't average more than 4k a game. I'm sure this is just a bargaining tactic with the arena but it shouldn't come to this.

Capacity says 4300. I'll bet they don't average more than 4k a game. I'm sure this is just a bargaining tactic with the arena but it shouldn't come to this.

They could never swing the scheduling either. Ain't no one gonna tolerate the parking being all screwed up on campus during the week and the arena already hosts men's and women's teams on the weekends.

They could never swing the scheduling either. Ain't no one gonna tolerate the parking being all screwed up on campus during the week and the arena already hosts men's and women's teams on the weekends.

No biggie. Russ will talk Fisher into putting in a rink next to the field house.

Forget RIT...Think Hamilton or maybe more realistically think Utica with Vancouver's kids headed out west. 61 years of tradition, tossed aside like it means nothing. The blood will be on the hands of our illustrious mayor, Russ and Pegula.

Im not allowing myself to go there. Words can't describe how I'll feel.

I heard a rumor a couple months ago Pegula group is considering getting involved/purchasing RYH like they did the Regals and that Gionta would lead it.  Call it an Eklund e-1 or whatever the lowest # is.  Maybe buy Bill Grays and expand on that main rink?  Would probably need a couple years to build it out.  Either way, biggest piece of Amerks being empty is because they've sucked for like 15 years.  That's not on the city. 

Nylander getting every opportunity to thrive :blink:

https://twitter.com/AmerksHockey/status/838177070932983808?s=09

He is right where he needs to be. Maybe after an offseason of the weight room and an all cheeseburger diet(assuming he could still skate afterwards) he'll be ready for a bigger role? He was thrown around a few times tonight. I hope I don't have to start referring to him as Raggedy Alex. Anyways we actually beat the Sound tonight in OT.

He is right where he needs to be. Maybe after an offseason of the weight room and an all cheeseburger diet(assuming he could still skate afterwards) he'll be ready for a bigger role? He was thrown around a few times tonight. I hope I don't have to start referring to him as Raggedy Alex. Anyways we actually beat the Sound tonight in OT.

Bodie with a pair and Fedun with the game winner. Amazing what a competent defense will do for you.

Bodie with a pair and Fedun with the game winner. Amazing what a competent defense will do for you.

Fedun assisted on Bodie's second goal. I was chatting up a good friend I haven't seen in a while so I don't know the final shot total but at one point in the third we were out shooting them 42-15. When the hell does that ever happen?

Note to the Buffalo Sabres: AMAZING WHAT A COMPETENT DEFENSE WILL DO FOR YOU!

An offseason to bulk up and maybe Asplund comes over next year and they reunite for a season in Rochester.

Cal O'Reilly has been loaned to the Toronto Marlies for the rest of the season. No word if their HC Sheldon Keefe will be loaned to the Sabres on a permanent basis

Odd. Is he not the captain down there?

No indication as to why?

Perhaps too many veterans, making room for younger players.

The Sabres loaned Rochester captain Cal O'Reilly to the Toronto Marlies on Wednesday. O'Reilly has nine goals and 33 assists in 47 games for Rochester, and the Sabres were reportedly close to dealing him at the trade deadline in a minor-league transaction.

By loaning him, O'Reilly remains Buffalo property. It's the same situation as Amerks center and South Buffalo native Tim Kennedy, who was loaned to Rochester earlier this season by the Carolina Hurricanes.

O'Reilly simply changed dressing rooms Wednesday night as the Marlies were in Rochester The Amerks entered Wednesday last in the AHL's North Division at 23-32-2 while Toronto was third at 30-24-5 and battling to stay in a playoff spot.

Greece native Matthew Lane has been recalled from Elmira to Rochester to take O'Reilly's spot. Lane, who had one assist in nine games for the Amerks earlier this season, had 11 goals and 13 assists for Elmira. He's a former Boston University teammate of Eichel and fellow Sabres center Evan Rodrigues.

Odd. Is he not the captain down there?

No indication as to why?

Perhaps too many veterans, making room for younger players.

The Sabres loaned Rochester captain Cal O'Reilly to the Toronto Marlies on Wednesday. O'Reilly has nine goals and 33 assists in 47 games for Rochester, and the Sabres were reportedly close to dealing him at the trade deadline in a minor-league transaction.

By loaning him, O'Reilly remains Buffalo property. It's the same situation as Amerks center and South Buffalo native Tim Kennedy, who was loaned to Rochester earlier this season by the Carolina Hurricanes.

O'Reilly simply changed dressing rooms Wednesday night as the Marlies were in Rochester The Amerks entered Wednesday last in the AHL's North Division at 23-32-2 while Toronto was third at 30-24-5 and battling to stay in a playoff spot.

Greece native Matthew Lane has been recalled from Elmira to Rochester to take O'Reilly's spot. Lane, who had one assist in nine games for the Amerks earlier this season, had 11 goals and 13 assists for Elmira. He's a former Boston University teammate of Eichel and fellow Sabres center Evan Rodrigues.

So why did we do this?  It gives COR a chance to play for something through the end of the year, and opens up an AHL roster spot for a younger player.

Oh.... and like it's so unusual for a hockey team to trade its captain?  :rolleyes:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.