Rochester Americans 2016-2017

Cereal

The Cal O'Reilly thing is one of the oddest underplayed stories I've seen in a while.

I'll bet big dollars there's something ugly to it; you don't loan your captain to a rival a month before he hits UFA just because he is unhappy. There has to be some unworkable social situation.

The Cal O'Reilly thing is one of the oddest underplayed stories I've seen in a while.

I'll bet big dollars there's something ugly to it; you don't loan your captain to a rival a month before he hits UFA just because he is unhappy. There has to be some unworkable social situation.

I've had more than a moment to think about this now and have just had a thought. In those same game notes where I learned that Alex lived with Cal he was asked about what it was like with the players. He said something about having to clean the bus after road games. Seemed weird they would make him the punk. That made me realize that every time that kid got ragged Anned not one single player ever came to his defense. I'm thinking Cal may have very well been toxic to this team.

I've had more than a moment to think about this now and have just had a thought. In those same game notes where I learned that Alex lived with Cal he was asked about what it was like with the players. He said something about having to clean the bus after road games. Seemed weird they would make him the punk. That made me realize that every time that kid got ragged Anned not one single player ever came to his defense. I'm thinking Cal may have very well been toxic to this team.

They make Alex clean the team bus in a professional hockey league ? Only him ? 

If COR was part of a culture involved in bullying Nylander, he should have been punted to the KHL.

That has no place anywhere in the game, but involving a prize teenage prospect from a foreign country?

If lack of veteran support is part of the reason Nylander has struggled, that's on the organization.

Edited by dudacek

I took a pic of the game notes that night because it seemed like a weird thing to me. I'll put the notes up here when I'm home from work later so everyone can make up their own mind about it. I personally don't think there's any need to haze the young guys in a pro league.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.