Rochester Americans 2016-2017

Cereal

Outshot 28-17 at the Devils. 2-1 win Amerks. Grant the beast scores again. 2 shots, 1 goal and 14 penalty minutes. 2 for unsportsmanlike, 10 misconduct abuse of official and 2 cross checking. He has been a spectacular Amerk.

Says so much about how both teams years went. Grant should've been a Sabre for 5 games tops.

The Amerks have Baptiste, Karabacek, Cornel, Fasching and Bailey listed as RW for last nights game.

Does anyone know the actual lines?

I'm not sure, but hopefully when/if some of these RWs become mainstays on the big club, Reinhart actually gets to play his natural position.

I'm not sure, but hopefully when/if some of these RWs become mainstays on the big club, Reinhart actually gets to play his natural position.

Not before DLo and Rodrigues are traded and CJ Smith and Brendan Guhle get their shots.

I missed tonight's game and last nights game. Some silly going on at work so I'm hunkering down and putting on the foil. Amerks whip the Comets 5-0. Best part is Muse was in net! Grant with a goal and assist on Austin's goal. Schneider, Bailey and Danforth with the other 3.

What is the future of this team next year, especially if guys like Bailey and Baptiste make the jump to the NHL full time? Who is left?

Depends if Schneider, Grant, Bodie, Fedun and a few others are back. I wouldn't expect any prospects outside of Nylander and some lower level picks.

Depends if Schneider, Grant, Bodie, Fedun and a few others are back. I wouldn't expect any prospects outside of Nylander and some lower level picks.

Are you refering to Estephan and Stephens? Frankly, I'm very interested to see how both kids do in Roch next season. Baker has Estephan as our second best center prospect behind Asplund. Although I wonder if Pu needs to be re-cast as a center prospect after the season he has had in London.

• 1 month later...

I'm with the yse325 regarding developement........All this talk of making the Amerks better is refreshing. I live in the Roch area and the product on ice is not good. It's too expensive to take my whole family to see the Sabres, but we used to go see Amerks games and always had fune, even if it was almost always a loss and the arena was lifeless. Here is to a brighter future.

I'm with the yse325 regarding developement........All this talk of making the Amerks better is refreshing. I live in the Roch area and the product on ice is not good. It's too expensive to take my whole family to see the Sabres, but we used to go see Amerks games and always had fune, even if it was almost always a loss and the arena was lifeless. Here is to a brighter future.

I am so excited for the Amerks and their fans. I have been crusading for a GM to be committed to proper development long before the Feb post you were referring to. I am thrilled that JBot agrees and I believe he'll keep his word. His success in the A w WBS is a great sign for both the Amerks and Sabres.

It will be interesting with the signing of Antipin as to whether Jbot sends Guhle to the A to start the year.

Every GM has stressed the importance of the farm system yet the Amerks continue to suck year in and year out. Something has been very wrong with this team for a long time. I'm not going to get excited about anything until I see a 1/2 season of hockey that doesn't look like ballsack.

Every GM has stressed the importance of the farm system yet the Amerks continue to suck year in and year out. Something has been very wrong with this team for a long time. I'm not going to get excited about anything until I see a 1/2 season of hockey that doesn't look like ballsack.

Murray also wanted to improve Roch and stressed building a winner, which is something every single GM wants to do, it's nothing revolutionary.  

The issue with BUF and similar to other bottom feeders is that they're always picking near the top of the draft and those guys end up playing on the big club very early in their careers (straight out of junior/college) because they're talented enough and there isn't any competition for spots.        As a result there's a significant talent void in Roch.     Teams like ANA, SJ, CHI, etc... have stronger farm teams because A) they're picking near the bottom of the draft and those players need more time to develop and B) there is no room on the big club for those players when they finish their junior/college careers.

To create a winner in Roch, BUF needs to improve their talent at the NHL level which means they'll be picking lower in the draft, and they won't need to rush guys up to BUF because of a lack of depth.

Edited by pi2000

Murray also wanted to improve Roch and stressed building a winner, which is something every single GM wants to do, it's nothing revolutionary.

The issue with BUF and similar to other bottom feeders is that they're always picking near the top of the draft and those guys end up playing on the big club very early in their careers (straight out of junior/college) because they're talented enough and there isn't any competition for spots. As a result there's a significant talent void in Roch. Teams like ANA, SJ, CHI, etc... have stronger farm teams because A) they're picking near the bottom of the draft and those players need more time to develop and B) there is no room on the big club for those players when they finish their junior/college careers.

To create a winner in Roch, BUF needs to improve their talent at the NHL level which means they'll be picking lower in the draft, and they won't need to rush guys up to BUF because of a lack of depth.

Except For Nylander who was picked near the top and sucked in the A.

TM ran the BSens form 2007 to 2014.

7/8 missed playoffs

8/9 missed playoffs

9/10 missed playoffs

10/11 finished 5th in Division, but Won Championships

11/12 missed playoffs

12/13 made playoffs

13/14 made playoffs

Not exactly a great record.

Jbot was GM of the Baby Pens for the last 8 years and they made the playoffs each year.

Botterill working on improving the Amerks already.  Signed Justin Danforth today (who?).

Danforth played five games in Rochester scoring two goals. He had one game in Bridgeport and three games in the ECHL with Reading. Danforth had three points in the three games with the Royals.

Wooooooooo!!!!!!

Murray tried. He brought in proven AHL studs like COR, Sanguinetti, Fedun, Grant...

Didn't work. I'm not sure why. Wrong players? Bad environment? Too many injuries and call-ups?

Prior to last year, we were suffering from three straight years without a second-round pick and failure to hit on anyone decent below that. But the tank generated a lot of picks and the 2013 and 14 drafts should be making an impact now. It will be interesting to see who does. Baptiste, Bailey and Ullmark at least look like they were good AHLers.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.