OT Matthew Coller Leaving GR

Brawndo

Matthew Coller has taken a job in Minnesota and will be leaving GR after next week. His Sabres Analysis is unsurpassed on GR and will be greatly missed.

He certainly paid attention to the Sabres and Amerks but I think a few posters here could provide a similar analysis given the proper forum. It's just the dearth of any other WGR personalities having any knowledge outside of Pham that made Coller stick out. I'd be thrilled to take a stab at it if I could get paid more than half of what I'm making now.

WGR must be really cheap. Riter (who I think may be back), Buscgalia, to name a few guys who moved on to greener pastures.

Edited by inkman

He was one of my favorite personalities. They've had a lot of good program directors over the years. Their humor and knowledge get them attention by bigger markets. Isn't he married to Sloan Martin who's on WBEN?

Brian Kozial is also a very good analyst.

He certainly paid attention to the Sabres and Amerks but I think a few posters here could provide a similar analysis given the proper forum. It's just the dearth of any other WGR personalities having any knowledge outside of Pham that made Coller stick out. I'd be thrilled to take a stab at it if I could get paid more than half of what I'm making now.

WGR must be really cheap. Riter (who I think may be back), Buscgalia, to name a few guys who moved on to greener pastures.

From a former producer on GR

Thom Two Sheds Cich ‏@ThomCich  1m

Thom Two Sheds Cich Retweeted Eric Sharp

It's almost as if the salary and benefits do not encourage long term stability at the position...

Matthew Coller has taken a job in Minnesota and will be leaving GR after next week. His Sabres Analysis is unsurpassed on GR and will be greatly missed.

I will miss him and agree with you that his Sabres analysis is unsurpassed at GR.

Riter got fired, IIRC. But yea, I'd imagine the pay isn't great for the down-ticket talent.

I think Riter got tired fired. Sick of doing what Sal does now. Hey we need you at 8 am. Hey we need you oat 8 pm./ Hey we need you to fill morning drive, post game Sabres and on afternoon shift also. Next week dope is off and we need you to three Sabres post games and dopes shift and call in to the morning show after each Sabres game with a rap up. 

He was one of my favorite personalities. They've had a lot of good program directors over the years. Their humor and knowledge get them attention by bigger markets. Isn't he married to Sloan Martin who's on WBEN?

Brian Kozial is also a very good analyst.

Kozial is pretty good but he does every Sabres game so not likely to show up on other things as much.

Oh well, best of luck to you Coller. And he leaves on a high note after hosting Hockey Hotline and having DD come in for a couple segments. That was the best, most insightful conversation I have ever heard on WGR ever. Which is surprising cause Rivet was in the room too.

Was Coller the one who got in a weird pissing match with Tim Graham about Coller's claim to have played baseball while in JuCo?

I think it was then that I decided that Graham was a certified prick.

Yes and Graham also revealed that Coller applied for a position at The News and was turned down.

Was Coller the one who got in a weird pissing match with Tim Graham about Coller's claim to have played baseball while in JuCo?

Yes and Graham also revealed that Coller applied for a position at The News and was turned down.

Indeed, certified prick.

Easily one of the most embarrassing spats in Buffalo sports media history. Graham is a heck of a writer and his long form features are generally terrific...but man, he's a grade-A douche.

Why hire Coller when you can continue to employ Mike "simplest takes imaginable" Harrington?

Easily one of the most embarrassing spats in Buffalo sports media history. Graham is a heck of a writer and his long form features are generally terrific...but man, he's a grade-A douche.

Why hire Coller when you can continue to employ Mike "simplest takes imaginable" Harrington?

Hence the vicious cycle of losing talent to other markets. I felt the same way when Tyler Dunne left the News last month as well.

Although Coller did reveal the Harrington was very helpful to him when he was getting started.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.