Body shaming... Trouble at the mansion

SDS

image.jpeg

Not sure how many of you have stumbled upon this story. This is pretty messed up. Just search in Google news Dani Mathers. For everyone who goes to public gyms, I'm hoping the book is thrown at her.

Not only high-school level mean-girl nonsense, but likely an actual crime. I assume CA has laws against this sort of thing. stay classy....

Ex playmates should stick to the terrible medical advice and leave the awful comedy behind. Sure, it's infinitely more harmful, but people tend to appreciate it more than this...

What a f*ing moron! A cruel, cruel moron!

Fired from her radio show and banned from all LA Fitness locations is a good start. Now let's prosecute and give her registered sex offender status!

Great apology video too "sorry, I only meant to completely invade this woman's privacy to by sending this picture to a friend of mine, not to all of the world! Oops..." what a dumb .

Yep, that last one was the C word. I'm pretty sure it applies.

What a f*ing moron! A cruel, cruel moron!

Fired from her radio show and banned from all LA Fitness locations is a good start. Now let's prosecute and give her registered sex offender status!

Great apology video too "sorry, I only meant to completely invade this woman's privacy to by sending this picture to a friend of mine, not to all of the world! Oops..." what a dumb ######.

Yep, that last one was the C word. I'm pretty sure it applies.

Could have been the worst apology ever. It obviously escapes her that taking nude pictures of people in a gym locker room is incredibly creepy.

Not to mention, making fun of people trying to better themselves is completely douchy.

Banned from LA Fitness for life. 

Suspended from her job.

Police opened an investigation into the incident. 

It's a start. 

I would guess a law suite will follow.

She might as well just crawl back under the rock she came out from under. In an attempt to shame another person she inadvertently showed the world how ugly she truly is.  

Never heard of her before this.  Never want to hear anymore about her again.

Gotta wonder about someone who feels they can be a bully because their features are uncommonly symmetrical and/or they've paid to have the parts that aren't symmetrical changed.

Intent's important here. She certainly didn't mean to publish it. Her attitude is common. She's not the first person to take a pic like that as a joke. Certainly the Internet is full of pics of clothed people whose privacy has been invaded. The people of Wal-Mart for example. I am not defending her (edit: I guess I am to some extent; I am not defending her actions). It was wrong and she will pay a heavy price. But she's not an outlier and I doubt she's a monster. Stone-casting is always amusing.

Edited by PASabreFan

Intent's important here. She certainly didn't mean to publish it. Her attitude is common. She's not the first person to take a pic like that as a joke. Certainly the Internet is full of pics of clothed people whose privacy has been invaded. The people of Wal-Mart for example. I am not defending her (edit: I guess I am to some extent; I am not defending her actions). It was wrong and she will pay a heavy price. But she's not an outlier and I doubt she's a monster. Stone-casting is always amusing.

I'm pretty sure there is a BIG difference from "the people of walmart" where they are "dressed" in public and someone takes a picture and someone taking a picture of you in a locker room and I'm sure the law agrees. Are they both kinda scummy yes, but only one is illegal. 

Could have been the worst apology ever. It obviously escapes her that taking nude pictures of people in a gym locker room is incredibly creepy.

Not to mention, making fun of people trying to better themselves is completely douchy.

I think this is the part that pisses me off the most.  You know how many overweight people there at my gym?  A LOT.  And you know why they're there?  Because they had the courage to risk judgment and ridicule and get moving to try to get healthier.  They're walking on a treadmill at 2.8 mph next to a guy who's running at 6.5.  They're doing 5 reps of body-weight squats next to a woman who is squatting with two 35 lb. kettlebells.  They're learning to plank on their knees next to someone who is pulling off 50 burpees in a row.  They are trying, and they are trying very hard.  They shed their dignity, they realize that most people don't show up to the gym in perfect shape on the first day, and they head in the right direction.

I know this because I was that guy thirteen months ago, after having wrecked my body with a bourbon and take-out diet for a year and a half.  I know I approached that first day with a great deal of trepidation and anxiety.  And I'm luckier than most--I had the means to hire a trainer to push me and help me gain confidence.  Many of these people are going it alone.

So many people are sitting on couches thinking, "Ok, I'm finally going to do it.  I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow.  My friend Jane said she'd go with me and that it's not bad and that I won't draw stares or be laughed at."

And then this idiot comes along and shatters them all.  And they don't go to the gym.

Im not convinced that she didnt intend for the public to see it. And a little humility in her responce instead of, oops I meant to privately mock her would have gone a long way.

I'm pretty sure there is a BIG difference from "the people of walmart" where they are "dressed" in public and someone takes a picture and someone taking a picture of you in a locker room and I'm sure the law agrees. Are they both kinda scummy yes, but only one is illegal.

I think what PA is trying to convey is, many of us openly laugh at the shaming site People of Walmart yet found this models shaming to be ugly. Its something I'm guilty of. Shaming is shaming.

I think this is the part that pisses me off the most. You know how many overweight people there at my gym? A LOT. And you know why they're there? Because they had the courage to risk judgment and ridicule and get moving to try to get healthier. They're walking on a treadmill at 2.8 mph next to a guy who's running at 6.5. They're doing 5 reps of body-weight squats next to a woman who is squatting with two 35 lb. kettlebells. They're learning to plank on their knees next to someone who is pulling off 50 burpees in a row. They are trying, and they are trying very hard. They shed their dignity, they realize that most people don't show up to the gym in perfect shape on the first day, and they head in the right direction.

I know this because I was that guy thirteen months ago, after having wrecked my body with a bourbon and take-out diet for a year and a half. I know I approached that first day with a great deal of trepidation and anxiety. And I'm luckier than most--I had the means to hire a trainer to push me and help me gain confidence. Many of these people are going it alone.

So many people are sitting on couches thinking, "Ok, I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow. My friend Jane said she'd go with me and that it's not bad and that I won't draw stares or be laughed at."

And then this idiot comes along and shatters them all. And they don't go to the gym.

Been there. Need to go back. It is damned difficult to be a fat guy hitting a treadmill in a place full of fit people. I would expect its worse for a female. Edited by We've

Been there. Need to go back. It is damned difficult to be a fat guy hitting a treadmill in a place full of fit people. I would expect its worse for a female.

It's not the "place full of fit people" that you're imagining in your head.  It's a place full of people of all fitness levels.  Just keep that in mind and go.

It's not the "place full of fit people" that you're imagining in your head. It's a place full of people of all fitness levels. Just keep that in mind and go.

Until I lost my job 4 years ago I was a member at the local Y. I know the body types there. I know I was a 1%er in the group Dani had her fun with. I got past it. $$ and time are my enemy right now, not shame.

Not a bad time to ask Hoss how he's doing at the gym. I think he had some of these very concerns about exercising in public.

I'm pretty sure there is a BIG difference from "the people of walmart" where they are "dressed" in public and someone takes a picture and someone taking a picture of you in a locker room and I'm sure the law agrees. Are they both kinda scummy yes, but only one is illegal. 

Fair enough. I am trying to get to the same underlying meanness of it.

Im not convinced that she didnt intend for the public to see it. And a little humility in her responce instead of, oops I meant to privately mock her would have gone a long way.

The idea of a publicity stunt did enter my mind.

I think this is the part that pisses me off the most. You know how many overweight people there at my gym? A LOT. And you know why they're there? Because they had the courage to risk judgment and ridicule and get moving to try to get healthier. They're walking on a treadmill at 2.8 mph next to a guy who's running at 6.5. They're doing 5 reps of body-weight squats next to a woman who is squatting with two 35 lb. kettlebells. They're learning to plank on their knees next to someone who is pulling off 50 burpees in a row. They are trying, and they are trying very hard. They shed their dignity, they realize that most people don't show up to the gym in perfect shape on the first day, and they head in the right direction.

I know this because I was that guy thirteen months ago, after having wrecked my body with a bourbon and take-out diet for a year and a half. I know I approached that first day with a great deal of trepidation and anxiety. And I'm luckier than most--I had the means to hire a trainer to push me and help me gain confidence. Many of these people are going it alone.

So many people are sitting on couches thinking, "Ok, I'm finally going to do it. I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow. My friend Jane said she'd go with me and that it's not bad and that I won't draw stares or be laughed at."

And then this idiot comes along and shatters them all. And they don't go to the gym.

Great post. So true

I was in the same boat 15 years ago after my divorce. Blew up like a balloon after being in great shape. Humbling experience having to go back to the gym not being able to recognize yourself in the mirror.

She's classless and clearly has the maturity of a 10 year old. Makeup and a treadmill can't hide inner ugly. Playboy or not, no thanks.

I think this is the part that pisses me off the most.  You know how many overweight people there at my gym?  A LOT.  And you know why they're there?  Because they had the courage to risk judgment and ridicule and get moving to try to get healthier.  They're walking on a treadmill at 2.8 mph next to a guy who's running at 6.5.  They're doing 5 reps of body-weight squats next to a woman who is squatting with two 35 lb. kettlebells.  They're learning to plank on their knees next to someone who is pulling off 50 burpees in a row.  They are trying, and they are trying very hard.  They shed their dignity, they realize that most people don't show up to the gym in perfect shape on the first day, and they head in the right direction.

I know this because I was that guy thirteen months ago, after having wrecked my body with a bourbon and take-out diet for a year and a half.  I know I approached that first day with a great deal of trepidation and anxiety.  And I'm luckier than most--I had the means to hire a trainer to push me and help me gain confidence.  Many of these people are going it alone.

So many people are sitting on couches thinking, "Ok, I'm finally going to do it.  I'm going to go to the gym tomorrow.  My friend Jane said she'd go with me and that it's not bad and that I won't draw stares or be laughed at."

And then this idiot comes along and shatters them all.  And they don't go to the gym.

I walk at 3.0 mph. Your post is heartwarming and poignant.

A little bit of a tangent given people talking about Jenselves getting into the gym. I know everyone has their own favorite way to workout. However, I have become a convert to Mike Boyle's philosophy. I have been reading his stuff for about a year now and I now am picking up what he's putting down. I recommend it to anyone who understands the concept of functional strength and not just building muscle for muscle sake.

He's new book "New functional training for sports" is excellent. Former BU strength and conditioning coach. Won a World Series ring with the Red Sox.

Btw, he also trained Jack Eichel since he was 12...

This post should probably eventually go into the sweat thread.

A little bit of a tangent given people talking about Jenselves getting into the gym. I know everyone has their own favorite way to workout. However, I have become a convert to Mike Boyle's philosophy. I have been reading his stuff for about a year now and I now am picking up what he's putting down. I recommend it to anyone who understands the concept of functional strength and not just building muscle for muscle sake.

He's new book "New functional training for sports" is excellent. Former BU strength and conditioning coach. Won a World Series ring with the Red Sox.

Btw, he also trained Jack Eichel since he was 12...

This post should probably eventually go into the sweat thread.

Sounds cool,

http://www.stack.com/a/effective-workouts-tips

I do a lot of that stuff now but like some of his ideas. I do the different muscles at same time just so I can save time and squeeze in more sets :)

Sounds cool,

http://www.stack.com/a/effective-workouts-tips

I do a lot of that stuff now but like some of his ideas. I do the different muscles at same time just so I can save time and squeeze in more sets :)

Eh. That just skims a couple things. You really need the book and to dig into his public articles on strengthcoach.com.

His analogy in the book really hit home to me. He is a chef and we are all just cooks. We do not have the experience nor the education to be messing with his recipes. When we become conditioning coaches and get at minimum five years worth of experience training clients, only then will we have accumulated enough knowledge and enough real world experience to start tinkering. In the meantime, follow his recipe. He's been doing this for 30 years.

• 1 month later...

Good. Even if you buy "mistakenly posted as public, I meant to send privately" it's still stupid.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.