Sabres Jersey Number Countdown

Randall Flagg

Those thirds with Buffalo across the front... love those. Weren't they supppsed to have new thirds this season?

Naw, the latest word on thirds was Ted Black mentioning they probably wouldn't have new thirds until 2020.

I gotta be honest - I'm firmly in the "our jerseys suck" camp. The dark blue is dumb and the trimming ruins every ounce of the look for me. They're terribly basic with a mess of silver trimming.

I know we've done some threads talking about possible royal blue returns, but I'm going to get one going to gauge whether people think they could use an upgrade (so we don't derail this one).

Edited by Hoss

C'mon, Flagg, gimme some JLGP!

jlgp.jpg

casey.jpgHope Casey Nelson can show us something this season.

for 33 days: Doug Janik

epa00729538-carolina-hurricanes-winger-c

Benoit Hogue (great name)

hogue.jpg

Full list of Sabres who wore #34:

Adam Creighton 1986 Jim Korn 1987 Darren Eliot 1989 David Littman 1991 Gord Donnelly 1992-1994 Mike Wilson 1996 Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre 1999-2000 Peter Skudra 2001 Jeff Jillson 2004-2006 Mike Weber 2008 Chris Butler 2009-2011 Michal Neuvirth 2014-2015 Casey Nelson 2016

Full list of Sabres who wore 33

Phil Myre 1983 Jim Hofford 1986 Lee Fogolin 1987 Jody Gage 1988 Benoit Hogue 1988-1992 Mark Astley 1994-1995 Scott Pearson 1996 Doug Janik 2003-2006 Mike Card 2007 T.J. Brennan 2012-2013 Joel Armia 2015 Jason Kasdorf 2016

Info taken from hockeyreference.com

It's the day of the goons.

Am I wrong to bristle a bit at the lumping together of Ray and Scott?

Scott seems like a uniquely interesting dude, and there's that whole All Star Game saga. But his time in Buffalo is something of a footnote.

Rob Ray is an icon of the franchise -- well, to me and many others he is anyway. Maybe not for totally honourable reasons. But some of my fondest memories from being at games involve sitting in the oranges at the old barn (I think that's where we were at least one such time) and chanting "WE WANT RAY!"

Am I wrong to bristle a bit at the lumping together of Ray and Scott?

Scott seems like a uniquely interesting dude, and there's that whole All Star Game saga. But his time in Buffalo is something of a footnote.

Rob Ray is an icon of the franchise -- well, to me and many others he is anyway. Maybe not for totally honourable reasons. But some of my fondest memories from being at games involve sitting in the oranges at the old barn (I think that's where we were at least one such time) and chanting "WE WANT RAY!"

Perhaps it was a mistake, though you'd be surprised at how hard it is to find a decent picture of Rob on the ice, with jersey number in full view!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.