Sabres Jersey Number Countdown

Randall Flagg

24 was my new number in high school sports (wasn't allowed to wear 16 so 24 just felt right).

Today's a good day.

To spice things up in here it'd be kinda cool if each day we posted our favorite math equation of Sabres players for that day (meaning if there's 18 days left you could post Miller and Briere as 48-30=18) on top of players who wore the number for that day.

Edited by Hoss

Why weren't you allowed to wear 16?

In HS basketball you can't wear any number above 5 (meaning in the ones or tens slot). Makes it too hard for the ref to signal your number which is lame.

16 in football only came with an away jersey for some reason and in baseball there was no 16 jersey.

In HS basketball you can't wear any number above 5 (meaning in the ones or tens slot). Makes it too hard for the ref to signal your number which is lame.

16 in football only came with an away jersey for some reason and in baseball there was no 16 jersey.

I knew the rule for BB.

Weird on the other two.

I missed an important day. Yesterday: 

drury.jpg

drury.jpg

reino.jpg

reino.jpg

reino.jpg

You know who these guys are.

The rest: 

Eddie Shack 1971-1972 Paul Terbenche 1971 René Robert 1972-1973 John Gould 1973 Larry Carriere 1973-1978 Joe Noris 1974 Ken Breitenbach 1976-1979 Mike Ramsey 1980 Bob Hess 1981-1982 Randy Cunneyworth 1981 Hannu Virta 1982 Ron Fischer 1983 Kai Suikkanen 1983 Sean McKenna 1983 Gates Orlando 1985-1987 Ray Sheppard 1988-1990 Jiri Sejba 1991 Randy Hillier 1992 Bill Houlder 1993 Sean McMorrow 2003 Chris Drury 2004-2007 Colin Stuart 2011 Ville Leino 2012-2014 Sam Reinhart 2015-2016

I wanted a picture of Adam Mair punching Jason Spezza in the face.

Best I can do.

Of note: this is the first time I've gotten the Sportsnet feed of the incident. Hilarious how quickly the announcers go from snidely chuckling: "Biron wants no part of this, Emery's going to kill him." to "THIS IS NOT RIGHT, PETERS IS AN ANIMAL. SOMEONE HELP EMERY!!!!!!!!" Nine and a half years later and I'm angry about this game again...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.