Sabres Jersey Number Countdown

Randall Flagg

No Sabre has ever worn 87, 86, 85, 79, 75, 73, 70, 69, 68, 67, 66 or 62 in a regular season or post season game.

Fun question: Which number has been worn by the most players in Sabres history? (it is currently worn)

Another: Name the top six numbers with the most players in Sabres history? (three currently worn, one worn last year by UFA, another worn by current Amerk and BUF callup, the other worn in 2015)

Edited by Hoss

Thanks for the stats, Hoss, cool stuff. Maybe I'll find some Amerks with the missing numbers

Also, most likely a coincidence, but not hours after I post this thread, the Buffalo Sabres facebook page does the exact same thing :lol: Since they are generally not very good at doing things, I'm going to pretend that they copied from here.

It is NOT 1. Only 8 players have worn 1. The number of players to wear the top six numbers are: 24, 22, 22, 21, 21 and 21. So 1 isn't even close.

Neo's got it; it's 1.

What about for skaters?

EDIT:  For the top six, 5 is in there.

5 is also NOT in there. Still only have three but I'm not naming which of the three mentioned were correct. The top one has not been named.

It is NOT 1. Only 8 players have worn 1. The number of players to wear the top six numbers are: 24, 22, 22, 21, 21 and 21. So 1 isn't even close.

5 is also NOT in there. Still only have three but I'm not naming which of the three mentioned were correct. The top one has not been named.

I think I was playing by the wrong rules.  I was going with worn most often.  And that's clearly not what you stated.  So I'm going to think on this a bit.

21 is NOT one of them. 15 is.

It's only the top six numbers worn by the most players in Sabres history. 21 is close but falls one short of making the list. I wanted to do top five but there's a tie at the end so I made it six.

So far we have 15. This is NOT the number worn by the most players, though.

Here are my clues:

15 - worn by a current player

X - worn by a current player

XX - worn by an outgoing UFA

XX - worn by a current player

XX - last worn in 2015 by a player who is not currently in the NHL

XX - worn by a player currently who goes up and down between Rochester (does NOT wear this number in Rochester)

Those are not in order but the number of x's is a hint.

Edited by Hoss

17 has to be the exiting UFA - another number nobody has owned.

We have another winner.

15 - worn by a current player

X - worn by a current player

17 - worn by an outgoing UFA

XX - worn by a current player

XX - last worn in 2015 by a player who is not currently in the NHL

XX - worn by a player currently who goes up and down between Rochester (does NOT wear this number in Rochester)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.