Sabres backup goalie situation (Chad Johnson to Calgary)

Hoss

Agree that they need a vet and agree that Enroth would be a great choice.

Not only that but its rumoured big goalies will have the most issues with the equipment changes that go into effect from next year.

Would give enroth 3x 2.5 mill to come back.

Not only that but its rumoured big goalies will have the most issues with the equipment changes that go into effect from next year.

I don't think they need to give him that much.

Small goalies are the ones that equipment changes are expected to impact, not the big ones.

I'd go with the other Jonas as a backup

That'd be my guess.

Those suggesting it could be Lindback are forgetting that he was brought in when TM WANTED to lose games. If Nolan had them actually playing hockey rather that 'crowd your own net & pray a wide shot gets out of the zone' he wouldnt have won a game. He can't move & square back up.

Not much available, trade options?

I can't even think of who would be available in a trade as a backup, maybe one of Dallas' guys or Jimmy Howard in Detroit. Those guys cost a bit though. I would take Bernier off the Leafs hands because I think he might be good out of TO Edited by apuszczalowski

I can't even think of who would be available in a trade as a backup, maybe one of Dallas' guys or Jimmy Howard in Detroit. Those guys cost a bit though. I would take Bernier off the Leafs hands because I think he might be good out of TO

Hopefully TM will surprise with a decent option. Maybe an NHL ready guy whos stuck behind someone? Plenty of assets to use, competition is a good thing.

Hopefully TM will surprise with a decent option. Maybe an NHL ready guy whos stuck behind someone? Plenty of assets to use, competition is a good thing.

hope so too,one reason why I wouldn't mind Bernier, he showed potential with LA, and Toronto usually isn't a good place to judge goalies. I think outside of TO he could be good. I'm sure there's guys out there that might surprise. I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.