Sabres backup goalie situation (Chad Johnson to Calgary)

Hoss

hope so too,one reason why I wouldn't mind Bernier, he showed potential with LA, and Toronto usually isn't a good place to judge goalies. I think outside of TO he could be good. I'm sure there's guys out there that might surprise. I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

Bernier could be ok

He might not be the Vezina candidate that some people hold him out to be, but he's not backup material, either.

Best man starts.

Theres a lack of obvious options. I hope TM is doin some work to get a viable option in here as back up.

If Lehner is the man, he'll start. If not Bish can hold down the fort a year.

I get the concept, but Murray is not going to allow Bylsma to start Ben Bishop over the guy he gave up a first round pick for last year, especially when that guy was injured for most of the year.  It's just not realistic.  If it were October and Lehner had another long-term injury, I'm sure Murray would be all over it.

I love having Lehner. I like his attitude and I like his style. 

But not addressing the backup situation with somebody that can start if needed could turn out to be a serious situation. If he gets hurt again, of management finds they don't like his temperament, this team is in for trouble no matter what they've done to improve the rest of the roster.  

But not addressing the backup situation with somebody that can start if needed could turn out to be a serious situation. If he gets hurt again, of management finds they don't like his temperament, this team is in for trouble no matter what they've done to improve the rest of the roster.  

Enroth.

I get the concept, but Murray is not going to allow Bylsma to start Ben Bishop over the guy he gave up a first round pick for last year, especially when that guy was injured for most of the year. It's just not realistic. If it were October and Lehner had another long-term injury, I'm sure Murray would be all over it.

Yeah i get it. Ideally i'd like a guy who has been held back a bit by their current team who's lookin to springboard a backup job into starterville.

Any old scrub tendy will do.   If Lehner needs a rest you call up Ullmark to play.    If Lehner gets hurt you call up Ullmark.    Whoever backs up Lehner to start the season might not a single minute of action.   The important thing for Ullmark right now is to play and play a lot.

Any old scrub tendy will do.   If Lehner needs a rest you call up Ullmark to play.    If Lehner gets hurt you call up Ullmark.    Whoever backs up Lehner to start the season might not a single minute of action.   The important thing for Ullmark right now is to play and play a lot.

Ryan Vinz?

I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with you.  :)

If Lehner struggles, this team is ######.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.