Sabres sign RW Kyle Okposo for 7 years, $42 mill

Hoss

I think we're forgetting the way Moulson sucked last year. He wasn't just getting unlucky, missing shots. He'd go 10 games without coming close to a scoring chance. Getting to play with a different buddy of his than those he had on the team last year won't magically make him any better. It's not a chemistry issue, or an issue of not being friends with people (he played with the kid who lived with him until it was obvious that he was a giant anchor)

Yep, a buddy can't fix this. This is all Moulson. 

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/embed/08ef9633-b2b6-4afa-8162-b50522b689c4?autoplay=false

Edited by GoPre

I eagerly await the explanation for these comparisons

Haha. Vague for a reason. I'll let others read between the lines. 

It's not often a big NY free agent bolts for a low-key place like Buffalo on the 1st day of free agency. Or a Montreal veteran waives a NTC to come to the worst team in the league. 

Edited by musichunch

Any of you Matt Moulson apologists confident enough in your rationalizations of his general suckitude to make a friendly avatar bet?

After the debacle that is pi... I'm not sure these should be allowed. :)

Don't worry, the one I give our emotional whiskey friend won't be that bad. For everyone else, anyway. For him? He may take a playoff hiatus.

I'm in. If Matt Moulson scores 15 goals or 35 pts between opening day and the final regular season game, I select your avatar for the duration of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. If he fails to achieve either 15 goals or 35 points, you select my avatar for the duration of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. If he scores 15 goals early in the season, and then gets suspended for the rest of the season for taking Lance Armstrong level hgh and steroids, I still win.

I'm in. If Matt Moulson scores 15 goals or 35 pts between opening day and the final regular season game, I select your avatar for the duration of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. If he fails to achieve either 15 goals or 35 points, you select my avatar for the duration of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. If he scores 15 goals early in the season, and then gets suspended for the rest of the season for taking Lance Armstrong level hgh and steroids, I still win.

Awesome.  Someone's getting the Pi avatar treatment next offseason :flirt:  :lol:

Yea, but it'd validate my opinion that he's finished :)

"I was originally going to wait and see what was available on the free agent market. After the Sabres acquired my rights and I spoke with Terry Pegula and Darcy Regier, I did my due diligence on the team and I was very impressed. I called some former teammates and others in the NHL who also had great things to say and I was aware that Robyn Regehr had waived his no-trade clause in his contract this week to join the Sabres. My goal is to win the Stanley Cup, and after the offer I received from Buffalo, I believe this is the best place to make it happen.”

Christian Ehrhoff.

They all say it.

So they're all lying?

So they're all lying?

Pretty much. Or at the very least, just telling people what they want to hear.

“I wanted to be with a team that I think has a chance to win,” Ladd said. “Any team with John Tavares on it, the goaltending and the defense that the Islanders have they are very close.”

Apologies if this has already been discussed. Who were Okposo's linemates in NY over the past few seasons? Trying to find out if much of his production was due to playing with Tavares or not.

read somewhere he only played around 50/50 with tavares.   Most of that on 1 PP.

Edited by Huckleberry

Apologies if this has already been discussed. Who were Okposo's linemates in NY over the past few seasons? Trying to find out if much of his production was due to playing with Tavares or not.

I've also read it was around 50/50 with and without Tavares. 

Two things I like though.  1. Sounds like he played well away from Tavares and he didn't just rack up points due to his linemates.  2. Even if he picked up most his points playing with Tavares I'm perfectly fine with that.  Shows he can play with a superstar player and put up numbers.  E Kane is a good player in a lot of ways but he's not suited to playing with a guy like Jack IMO so it's good to know KO is someone who can compliment a star player nicely. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.