We kicked ass this weekend.

Eleven

Credit also to Byron Brown and City Hall for their mostly good decision making with the revitalization of downtown. Although I'm not a fan of their most recent decision on the Freezer Queen site, I think they've done an excellent job of working with the motivated and visionary developers who have taken the rebirth of Buffalo very personally.

Well I think TP and company should take a bow. Things and perspectives seem to be changing around Buffalo and our owner is front and center for bringing it about.

I'd refine that to say he's an all-star member of a pretty big team. He's gone beyond the initial idea that he'd be happy to collect an assist on someone else's goal. But he's not the only one who's been hotter than a firecracker. Canalside and the Medical Sector, among other developments, are not Terry's doing, even if the national media often lumps the waterfront improvements onto Terry's resume.

Credit also to Byron Brown and City Hall for their mostly good decision making with the revitalization of downtown. Although I'm not a fan of their most recent decision on the Freezer Queen site, I think they've done an excellent job of working with the motivated and visionary developers who have taken the rebirth of Buffalo very personally.

Brown stays the out of the way and lets businesspeople run businesses.  I'm not a fan of certain things his administration has done, but there's no way we would have seen this growth under Masiello or Griffin.

I'd refine that to say he's an all-star member of a pretty big team. He's gone beyond the initial idea that he'd be happy to collect an assist on someone else's goal. But he's not the only one who's been hotter than a firecracker. Canalside and the Medical Sector, among other developments, are not Terry's doing, even if the national media often lumps the waterfront improvements onto Terry's resume.

Yes.  WE kicked ass this weekend.

Brown stays the ###### out of the way and lets businesspeople run businesses.  I'm not a fan of certain things his administration has done, but there's no way we would have seen this growth under Masiello or Griffin.

Yes.  WE kicked ass this weekend.

This exactly. I had a pollster of some sort come to my house at some point and ask me who I planned on voting for and why during the mayoral race a few years ago. I said Brown, and my reasoning was basically "he's not anything up, so why fix what isn't broken."

Agree. I was not meaning to slight anyone else.

So glad to read about the positive coverage of the Queen City's ability to host big events like this....very proud as a devoted ex-pat. You guys know my roots run deep and I am very engaged like we all are here. I sense something bigger and better on the horizon, both on and off the ice

Edited by BuffaninATL

So glad to read about the positive coverage of the Queen City's ability to host big events like this....very proud as a devoted ex-pat. You guys know my roots run deep and I am very engaged like we all are here. I sense something bigger and better on the horizon, both on and off the ice

We are making a come back, so glad my wife talked me into coming back home after 20 yrs. I have a front row seat to watch the resurgence.

Little known fact, this was played at Bills Games in the early 80's, prior to the Shout Song.

Not little known at all if you were old enough to be aware during that time.

Granted, attendance at Bills games wasn't the best then.......

Little known fact, this was played at Bills Games in the early 80's, prior to the Shout Song.

Yes, remember the Steelers visiting that year, we made them wear the white Jersies and then kicked their butt! Jerry Butler caught a touch down reaching around Mel blounts helmet. Mel Blount, that's right I think. Talkin Proud!

Didn't want to say this, but made me feel very uneasy watching it.

You weren't here at the time, I take it.  Just guessing.  

Buffalo in the early eighties was a scary place.  We were dependent upon manufacturing, and the largest plants were closing. Bethlehem Steel, which employed tens of thousands, had closed its doors.

Some jackass came up with that song as an idea to lift our spirits.  

A few years later, the savings and loan crisis hit the US.  (Thank you again, Bush family.)  The biggest savings and loan was headquartered, well, guess where.

It took 20-25 years for us to begin to recover.  It's about 30 years (since the S&L thing) now.  

We're finally back.  It is beautiful.

You weren't here at the time, I take it.  Just guessing.  

Buffalo in the early eighties was a scary place.  We were dependent upon manufacturing, and the largest plants were closing. Bethlehem Steel, which employed tens of thousands, had closed its doors.

Some jackass came up with that song as an idea to lift our spirits.  

A few years later, the savings and loan crisis hit the US.  (Thank you again, Bush family.)  The biggest savings and loan was headquartered, well, guess where.

It took 20-25 years for us to begin to recover.  It's about 30 years (since the S&L thing) now.  

We're finally back.  It is beautiful.

The steel industry got hit hard in the western countries in the 80's.   Wallonia still hasn't recovered from it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.