Summer 2016 Movie/TV Show thread

qwksndmonster

Haven't seen this yet but a guy I work with has been pushing it as a must see. His take was if you saw the Goonies as a kid and enjoyed it you'll like this. Well last night Fallon had the four kid actors on and it was a hoot. Fallon spent the previous evening hanging with these kids so they already had a rapport but watching the interaction of these zany kids and Jimmy was fun. Going to check out this show on the weekend.

Think a love child of Goonies and a non-procedural X-Files.

Haven't seen this yet but a guy I work with has been pushing it as a must see. His take was if you saw the Goonies as a kid and enjoyed it you'll like this. Well last night Fallon had the four kid actors on and it was a hoot. Fallon spent the previous evening hanging with these kids so they already had a rapport  but watching the interaction of these zany kids and Jimmy was fun. Going to check out this show on the weekend.

Think a love child of Goonies and a non-procedural X-Files.

Ahhhh that ending though! Highly satisfying

So you binged it to the end?

My wife and I did the same thing, for our speed anyway. We got through it in 4 nights.

First two episodes of Stranger Things last night. I'm hooked. Just want to get home tonight to watch more.

You guys are going to make me watch this - all of you can't be wrong about a show can you? :unsure:

**remembers the Vesey thread**

on second thought maybe you all can be wrong... :nana:

You guys are going to make me watch this - all of you can't be wrong about a show can you? :unsure:

**remembers the Vesey thread**

on second thought maybe you all can be wrong... :nana:

Hahaha. I've gotten the opposite take: I cannot start watching this as I do not have time to binge watch anything.

Just finished Stranger Things. Loved it. Absolutely loved it. I can't wait to see what they do with season 2.

I listened to a podcast today ("The Watch" -- part of the Ringer's podcast network, ICYI) in which season 2 was discussed.  Evidently, it will pick up the story in the same town with the same characters, plus a few new ones, not long after the conclusion of the events of season 1. 

And, if you're really jonesing, the titles of the season 2 episodes (9 next year -- 1 more than this year) were released and are floating around on the line.

So absolutely no hope of a non-Netflix person seeing this before it comes out DVD? (I miss 2-4-7 and getting up to change the channel manually.)

If you're mentally tough, you can order Netflix, watch the 8 episodes and cancel it when you're finished -- it's only $10 per month.

Hell or High Water was an amazing movie. My favourite movie this year so far.

They usually use the term oscar worthy to pump up their movies but before I see it was there anyone or anything oscar worthy about this ? The trailer looked good so I'll see it regardless but just thought I'd ask.

They usually use the term oscar worthy to pump up their movies but before I see it was there anyone or anything oscar worthy about this ? The trailer looked good so I'll see it regardless but just thought I'd ask.

The dialogue between the two brothers and the two Texas Rangers was fantastic...very well written and very funny (even though it's not a comedy).

The dialogue between the two brothers and the two Texas Rangers was fantastic...very well written and very funny (even though it's not a comedy).

Yup. And Jeff Bridges' performance I could easily see being Oscar worthy. Just a highly enjoyable movie, all around.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Sully this afternoon. Driving to the movie, I wondered if you could turn a 2:08 minute event into a compelling two hour story. I learned you cannot.

My understanding is that the movie covers the "untold story" of Sully's heroics, that the guvment tried to put his butt in a sling over it somehow. No? Not compelling?

I am not a Hanks (or his son) fan, but I want to see this. Sully is too compelling a figure.

Full disclosure: quickly reading your post, I thought you had seen "our" Sully while driving to the movie.

Edited by PASabreFan

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.