Minnesota Wild buys out Thomas Vanek's contract

Buffaslug

Several Sources, including WGR citing a Minnie newspaper writer are claiming Vanek is being bought out. 

Sad to watch the downfall of a man that could decide to be a superstar any night he wanted, though for some reason rarely wanted.

I doubt anyone wants another kick at the vanek can, but he's got to be pretty butt-hurt as the rumors and dreaming that vanek was going to minnesota are now looking to have lasted longer than vanek's actual tenure in minnesota.

wonder where he goes now that he got dejected from his true love.

I'll be he ends up someplace like VAN, or NSH, for a reasonable amount.    He's not trash, just not worth a premium contract.

Sad?  Haha, no.   He's made $50mil over the last 10 years.... don't feel sorry for him one bit.  

Edited by pi2000

He's probably a good guy, but he never wanted it bad enough.  Great hands though, and every now and then he would turn on the jets.

And he was the best forward Darcy ever drafted.  Yeeeeeeesssshhhh.

One could make a case for Pominville. But I won't.

He's probably a good guy, but he never wanted it bad enough.  Great hands though, and every now and then he would turn on the jets.

And he was the best forward Darcy ever drafted.  Yeeeeeeesssshhhh.

336 goals, most of them in a dead puck era. Just shy of 700 points. Lazy bum! That said, he would have been even better in his prime with a better coach and a system that suited him more. For the record, I think Thomas wanted it too much, and he drove himself mad some nights.

336 goals, most of them in a dead puck era. Just shy of 700 points. Lazy bum! That said, he would have been even better in his prime with a better coach and a system that suited him more. For the record, I think Thomas wanted it too much, and he drove himself mad some nights.

Still blaming Lindy, eh?  Even though 3 other teams (Montreal, Austrian national team and Minnesota), once they saw him up close, wanted nothing more to do with him?

I wasn't aware that the general view of Vanek among Sabres fans had soured by the time he was traded, honestly. I still liked the guy. After his brief stay in NY, fans of the teams he belonged to really started to harp on him, and I think a lot of us picked up on it as well at that point.

I don't think anyone was sad to see Vanek go. We were all amazed he got us the return he did. 

I don't think anyone was sad either, but it was more of a "yeah, it's time, blow this thing up" than a dislike for the guy, from what I remember. 

It's funny, you look at the archived threads about Vanek and you don't see too much hate for him. But I remember the GDT's just being nothing but vitriol for the guy. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.