2016 NHL DRAFT TONIGHT

Claude_Verret

I've watched and then left and resumed watching. I love that most teams are thanking the hospitality of Buffalo...but since I am watching now again, from the dvr I take note specifically that Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa made no acknowledgement whatsoever towards the city, the team, the fans or anything going on here. Considering our GM maybe I shouldn't take offense. I just hope that when the draft is in one of those cities, our GMTM is able to shorten his words to two  or even one. Simply the name of the player. Maybe just say the first name and point at the kid and walk away from the podium.

###### Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa. Again I pronounce my love for GMTM who for the record in the hometown used four words to select. ZFG Baby. 

Well our own great and might GM didn't thank the city, or fans, or anyone when he made his pick, (same as last year), so its a little hypocritical to be disapointed others didn't say things about the City of buffalo

Awesome, thanks!

What are you there for? Work? 

Babcock: Matthews will start at 3rd line center

Babcock just told us Matthews will start the season as 3rd Centre behind Kadri & Bozak. And points out that Nylander will be on the wing.

By game 5 he will have worked his way up the depth chart to being the #1 centre on that list (if he doesn't already do that in training camp)..........

It is.

And on a related note, 35 yo+ albatros contracts are tradeable. Friggin' pinhead that can't read plain English. :doh:

thats why I have no issues with Buffalo making a huge deal for someone like Stamkos while others are fear it because of the decline years. There will be teams looking for cap help to reach the floor and take those deals on. For years it was Florida looking for cap hits to get to the floor, Arizona has been doing it and now the Devils are doing the same. As long as there is a cap floor and teams looking to do full rebuilds, or in poor markets, there will be GMs willing to take on cap hits

how bout JBJ singing Nickelback?

Hell, I'll sing Nickelback if I get a BJ during it

'Look at this photograph, your sisters got a better ass'

Looks like: 10!

38, 69, 86, 89, 99, 129, 130, 159, 189, 190.

Sounds like some action should happen tomorrow

Edited by WildCard

Couldn't catch all of the draft...

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sabres tried to trade up for Chychryn but the price was high.  Arizona can throw their money away this year.  They are targeting the year after.

The picks fell as they fell. Nothing too spectacular except for Columbus at #3... unless their Finnish GM had some kind of scoop to go the other way.

Finally, Bono earned a lot of respect in my books when he wouldn't let the stewardess take his briefcase.  I'm not sure why all the hate.

So far I am pretty disappointed with this draft. I was hoping Murray would make some moves to improve us.

I can't help but think of Nylander as an Afinogenov type player. Let's hope we can sign Vesey or this team has not improved one bit from last year. And that makes me worried for FA, as I can see us throwing $12 million at a guy who should be making $7-8 million.  

So far I am pretty disappointed with this draft. I was hoping Murray would make some moves to improve us.

I can't help but think of Nylander as an Afinogenov type player. Let's hope we can sign Vesey or this team has not improved one bit from last year. And that makes me worried for FA, as I can see us throwing $12 million at a guy who should be making $7-8 million.

From what I've seen Nylander seems like a much more deliberate and in control player who's way better at playmaking than Max was. He's not even close to Max's speed, though.

We'll see who falls in short order to #38.  Hopefully it's a steal!  I'm pumped for day two action.  Maybe we can pop Fowler for an actual realistic trade.  For all those Anaheim Ducks fans who were saying no go without #8, I laughed so hard.  

Anyone know what time the 2nd round starts tomorrow, and if they'll televise it?

Draft starts at 10AM EST. 

What hell is Boston doing. Dear god they draft bad. McAvoy good, random guy bad.

Just a bunch of crap like last year.  What else is new.  Pascal Laberge, Asplund, Abrahmov, so much better value on the board.  McAvoy, was such a good pick for them though.  Ugh.  But, that's fine.  

Things don't materialize when you have other GM's holding unrealistic expectations on return.  I don't think you overpay for Fowler.  Who else is available that you think was worth giving up a major overpay.  I would say Shattenkirk is the only guy for that explanation.  But, again RHD. 

Excite me....where does he fit? Ceiling?

I think he's a higher end Larsson, controls the puck well, skates impressively.  #4 on the European Forwards section right behind Puljujarvi.  Skated between Tymashov and Nylander at the Worlds.  One of the youngest forwards at the WJR.  He's just a strong two way kid.  Lots of poise!

I think he's a higher end Larsson, controls the puck well, skates impressively.  #4 on the European Forwards section right behind Puljujarvi.  Skated between Tymashov and Nylander at the Worlds.  One of the youngest forwards at the WJR.  He's just a strong two way kid.  Lots of poise!

Ok you jogged my memory of the WJC. I like the restocking of the shelves.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.