2016 NHL DRAFT TONIGHT

Claude_Verret

Bono might have the smallest ego of any rock star ever. What do you hate about him, the millions (and millions is no exaggeration) of lives he's saved in Africa? The fact he's had the same bandmates for the last 36 years and same wife for 32 years. Yeah he sucks - you have facts behind your ###### blind bashing? Could care less if you hate his music, it's not about the music.

+1, finally a voice of reason in the wilderness of complete ignorance

Thought this was an NHL draft thread? :blink:

It was until someone made a bizarre Nickelback vs. U2 comment

Since you chose not to answer my questions which cited specific examples of his leadership in humanitarian causes, I'll take that as complete show of ignorance. Let me get this straight - a rock star with an ego who you have a problem with? Like he's not one of many.

Sorry, but you make no sense. Let's carry on with the hockey talk.

Bono does some fine charity work. He's truly a great humanitarian. That doen't make his band good and it doesn't mean everyone has to overlook his Lebron complex either though. Actually Bono is significantly less douchey than Lebron. Bono is more like Ben Afleck level annoying without the obvious flaw of being a masshole.

Datsyuk and 16 to Arizona for Joe Vitale, 2016 1st (20) and a 2nd. That's a TERRIBLE trade for Arizona. WTF!?

I'm always prepared to be schooled. From Detroit's PoV, I like the trade. They're back in the Stamkos dance or out of cap jail, regardless. Genius. No controversy here, I suspect.

Az, on the other hand sent a boatload of one year cap cash, a 2nd and a journeymen to Detroit to move up four spots. The cap cash was dead to them, anyway. They grabbed a top 1-4 D prospect and solved a floor problem.

Arizona trades what it has but can't use to Detroit for what it doesn't have and needs. Both teams win.

What am I missing?

Edited by N'eo

Bono does some fine charity work. He's truly a great humanitarian. That doen't make his band good and it doesn't mean everyone has to overlook his Lebron complex either though. Actually Bono is significantly less douchey than Lebron. Bono is more like Ben Afleck level annoying without the obvious flaw of being a masshole.

Dude, just let go of the LeBron crusade.

I did not pay too much attention after the 10th pack, but I would like to think the NHL for showing more footage of comparable NHL players, including an NFL player, than the draft picks themselves. Real men of genius right there…

I've watched and then left and resumed watching. I love that most teams are thanking the hospitality of Buffalo...but since I am watching now again, from the dvr I take note specifically that Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa made no acknowledgement whatsoever towards the city, the team, the fans or anything going on here. Considering our GM maybe I shouldn't take offense. I just hope that when the draft is in one of those cities, our GMTM is able to shorten his words to two  or even one. Simply the name of the player. Maybe just say the first name and point at the kid and walk away from the podium.

Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa. Again I pronounce my love for GMTM who for the record in the hometown used four words to select. ZFG Baby. 

10 a.m. and yes, it'll be on NHL Network. (And I'll be there)

Awesome, thanks!

What are you there for? Work? 

Babcock: Matthews will start at 3rd line center

Babcock just told us Matthews will start the season as 3rd Centre behind Kadri & Bozak. And points out that Nylander will be on the wing.

Awesome, thanks!

What are you there for? Work?

Babcock: Matthews will start at 3rd line center

@HayesTSN

Babcock just told us Matthews will start the season as 3rd Centre behind Kadri & Bozak. And points out that Nylander will be on the wing.

I'll be there with a few friends. Work in the early afternoon.

I realize this sidebar convo about music, Bono, & U2 has somewhat hijacked this thread, but I have to say this: given the absolute subjective basis of one's like or dislike for a certain band or type of music, I could honestly care less if you like U2 or not; to each his/her own. But your bizarre Bono/Lebron/Affleck comparison is an off the wall non sequitur.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.