Vesey signs with Rangers; huge thread now moot

jsb

NYR makes a lot of sense.  If he's a big city kid, NYC certainly would have a much higher appeal than Buffalo and it's the easiest spot to get to Boston.  Not a ton of talent to beat out for big minutes, and one can make the leap to more minutes = more points = bigger contract 2.  Playing in Madison Square Garden is kind of a cool sales tool as well.

Obv. not reading too much into rumor at this point, but I think its a better destination than some have given it credit for.

Edited by akm

NYR makes a lot of sense.  If he's a big city kid, NYC certainly would have a much higher appeal than Buffalo and it's the easiest spot to get to Boston.  Not a ton of talent to beat out for big minutes, and one can make the leap to more minutes = more points = bigger contract 2.  Playing in Madison Square Garden is kind of a cool sales tool as well.

Obv. not reading too much into rumor at this point, but I think its a better destination than some have given it credit for.

All I read is he doesn't want the big city attention.

To be honest if he doesn't come here he must not feel he is better than Kane, Ennis, Fasching, Bailey, Nylander to grab a top 6 spot.

I want to see Kulikov flatten him once or twice. 

The more I look at that trade , I feel like we traded for a full grown and mature zadarov.

Obviously I'd prefer to have him here, but my feelings haven't changed: I'm fine as long as it's not Boston or Toronto. And frankly, I do prefer him in NY to Chicago. I really want the Hawks to decline.

I think the Hawks have 2 more years max before that does happen. I don't see how they can fix their impending defensive crisis or how they will survive the era of small cap growth. 

The NHL might be a tough place to play for this guy. I wonder if players will be gunning for him with all this hoopla. The public marketing of himself to other teams is a turn-off for me personally. But TM gave it a shot to give Buffalo an inside track, if there ever was one, so we'll see. My opinion, I see Brian Holzinger in waiting here and the Sabres might dodge a bullet if they miss out.

Edited by Marvelo

The NHL mightt be a tough for this guy. [b ]I wonder if players will be gunning for him. [/b]The public marketing of himself to other teams is a turn-off for me personally. But TM gave it a shot to give Buffalo an inside track, if there ever was one, and we'll see.

I don't think I've seen this much hype for a Hobie Baker winner since Brian Holzinger.

Why would they? Except in Buffalo, I'd be really surprised if anyone's REALLY given a rat's bippy about him for most of the past 2 months. We've obsessed about him, but it'd be very surprising that/if any (any other than Eichel or Haaaavard alum, that is ;)) players have given him any more thought than any other soon to be FA.

I really want him in Buffalo because him coming here opens up trade possibilitys in Zemgus, Evander and Tyler. Trading any of them off for defensive help would be huge. I don't know if this current roster is good enough to get a playoff spot. But landing him and then a trade of possible others would give us a far better chance of making the playoffs.

This is why I'm so big on drafting well. If that means you hire as many scouts as needed to find these players then so be it. Let's get one thing straight it's much harder for Buffalo to land quality free agents without paying them more than they are really worth plus Buffalo isn't an attractive destination.

Him going to Chicago or Pittsburgh would just prove the rich get richer.

Why would they? Except in Buffalo, I'd be really surprised if anyone's REALLY given a rat's bippy about him for most of the past 2 months. We've obsessed about him, but it'd be very surprising that/if any (any other than Eichel or Haaaavard alum, that is ;)) players have given him any more thought than any other soon to be FA.

well he's flavor of the month now!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.