Happy Father's Day

ubkev

Think it through.

'Twas a joke. My parents got divorced when I was 5 and we celebrated X-mas in both households after that. My dad is jewish (and by extension I sort of am?) but it's a lot more of a cultural thing than a religious one.

Now that I've explained the joke thoroughly: LAUGH DAMMIT

Edited by qwksndmonster

We celebrated father's day today. Spent the day in Cooperstown at the Baseball Hall of Fame! It was still completely awesome! Then we headed down the street to the Farmers Museum and the Fenimore Art Museum. What an awesome day!

Fenimore Art Museum

20160621_155039_HDR_zpshbg0ltkg.jpg

20160621_155110_zpsecyls268.jpg

Farmers Museum

20160621_155625_zpshuimykfo.jpg

My Church

20160621_105435_zpso70tcmeh.jpg

• 1 year later...

Happy Father's Day gents. 

As we know, fatherhood is a challenging but incredibly rewarding undertaking. 

Good job fellas.  Keep bringing it and you might even get rewarded by taking your kid to a Sabres playoff game!

Edited to add:  https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-fathers-lesson-keep-the-spirit-level-1529018196

My father’s simple existence has been like a horizontal plumb line for me, one to gauge myself against. Here is a summation of the primary lesson he gave me:

Carry a small level in your pocket at all times. Take it out once in a while. Place it on a mantel, a counter, a cabinet—your life. Observe the equilibrium. Check to see if there is balance. If needed, make minor adjustments.

If that doesn’t work, you’re going to have to examine the whole foundation.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.