Sabres Dev Camp 2016

LGR4GM

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to dig up some more info on the dev camp, looks like few to no details are out as of yet. They say "early July" but given that the camp starts on the 6th and the 4th is kind of a major holiday that is a very compact timeline for giving notice.

I'm hoping to head up for a few days of it, esp since I missed the draft ><

Anyone else planning on it?

They didn't release the roster of players attending until the first day last year (I was there). I'll be in Vegas this year, so I'll have to miss it unfortunately.

Edit: although I may be able to hit day one since I don't fly out until 5 pm.

Edited by Hoss

I'll be there for the actual Game again this year.  Actually, since it's on a Saturday we've already booked the hotel and making a weekend out of it.  Would be nice if they released info soon on when tickets go on sale.

They didn't release the roster of players attending until the first day last year (I was there). I'll be in Vegas this year, so I'll have to miss it unfortunately.

Edit: although I may be able to hit day one since I don't fly out until 5 pm.

Vegas in July? Ouch.

Why not? He hasn't logged a minute in either the AHL or NHL. He is a rookie and that is among other things what dev camp is for.

I don't recall a player over 21 ever going to a Sabres development camp, but it's not like I paid that much attention.  I could be way off.

I don't recall a player over 21 ever going to a Sabres development camp, but it's not like I paid that much attention.  I could be way off.

lol, I would say no. Casey Nelson isn't going to go to dev camp is he? 

Generally only entry level contract guys go to camp. Or AHL guys. Catenacci was there last year, he was 22 at the time.

Whaaat?! No Eichel or Reinhart?   Are they being shopped?!

Seriously tho,  Vesey can be added if he signs, and I think it would be a good gesture by him to show up if he does sign.   Eichel went through it, Reinhart, Risto, all those core guys went through dev camp as rookies, it's a rite of passage and would help how he's viewed by his peers in the locker room. 

I thought Risto and Girgs and McCabe attended many camps. Jack and Sam are skipping this one, why'? I think it's good to show the noobs how high the bar is. And the face of the franchise has been awfully low key. Just random thoughts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.