Who was that woman?

PASabreFan

No, not Miss Lewinsky.

The talk of Taro's Sabres history tome and a Sabres history comic strip got me to thinking of certain images down through the years.

Does anyone else remember this: late 70s well into the 80s and maybe beyond, when the Sabres scored at the Aud, on TV they'd have the same crowd shot showing the same woman in profile standing and cheering. She had dark hair I believe. I always thought it was cool, somewhat iconic.

No, not Miss Lewinsky.

The talk of Taro's Sabres history tome and a Sabres history comic strip got me to thinking of certain images down through the years.

Does anyone else remember this: late 70s well into the 80s and maybe beyond, when the Sabres scored at the Aud, on TV they'd have the same crowd shot showing the same woman in profile standing and cheering. She had dark hair I believe. I always thought it was cool, somewhat iconic.

Often wearing a white dress coat?

No, not Miss Lewinsky.

Ha! 15 years later and it still cracks me up.

"I. Did not. Have. Sexual relations. With that women!"

• 11 months later...

Life is hilarious sometimes. I found her! Quite accidentally.

2:24. I can't believe Sabre fans of a certain age will not remember her. She was shown after practically every Sabres goal at the Aud for years. This is from 1988, so she was getting up in years.

I'm sure she was a season ticket holder who just happened to sit next to the camera.

Thank you.

What a treasure.

And, yes -- I mos def recognize her.

How 'bout that call by Ted? Rock solid. We had such a nice yin and yang going with Ted and Rick. Would love to see the Sabres drop the simulcast and bring back two voices. But I suppose that won't happen until Rick retires.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.