2016 First Round of Playoffs Thread

Eleven

Curious.

I like both of them. Maybe its purely an aural thing. They both have some nice pipes.

Cue Ink in 3..2..1..

I love the use of the aurel. Very underused. It gives me an exact picture into the moment. I love the term aurel assault. I use it to describe slipknot. I knew I was getting old when that was the feeling a I had watching them. It was just chaos to my senses.

I love the use of the aurel. Very underused. It gives me an exact picture into the moment. I love the term aurel assault. I use it to describe slipknot. I knew I was getting old when that was the feeling a I had watching them. It was just chaos to my senses.

:lol:

I just think Thorne got too excitable at times. He was good at calling the game, but just went over the top with the goal calls too much.

I don't see why there is so much hate for Emrick. I've always loved the guy - very knowledgeable about every level of the game and excellent at calling the game (not too many stories while play is going on).

There's no denying his knowledge of the game, and his journalistic integrity. He's not a cliche machine and most (almost all) should take some notes. But his delivery really gets old after a while. I don't need for an icing to sound as exciting as a goal. An announcers job is to increase the excitement level as play intensifies. He can't seem to do that and it really does negate everything else he's good at. 

The one game I want to watch, and NHL Network is the one channel school doesn't get

Doesn't surprise me they've relegated a Panthers game to the least viewed network available. 

Have the Blues finally figured out the Hawks?

I just think they're the better team this year; also don't think the Hawks are as good as they've been in recent years. I think this is probably the best Blues team and worst Hawks team we've seen matched up...and they're still pretty closely matched.

For one of the better teams in the East, there sure we're a lot of empty seats in Florida tonight.

And I think you should have to gain the red line to score an empty net goal. Why isn't that icing?

Would you want it to be icing even if it hits the goalie earlier in the game too?

I like this Blues team. Or maybe I just like Tarasenko and the defensemen. That's probably it.

It's a disgrace if they disallow that goal. I think it was offside, because of a half inch of air between the skate and the line. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.