2016 First Round of Playoffs Thread

Eleven

Rangers score twice in under 30 seconds. 2-1 New York.

Can't you put yourself offside if you have possession of the puck?

Guess you can, that's a good goal. The Rangers have looked brutal this series, Penguins need Fleury back.

CgIXwnzW4AAg-gd.jpg

https://twitter.com/EvgeniMaIkinEgo/status/721165034500538368/photo/1

"Look at all the rats on the ice in Florida. Awesome."  :lol:

Rangers score twice in under 30 seconds. 2-1 New York.

Can't you put yourself offside if you have possession of the puck?

Guess you can, that's a good goal. The Rangers have looked brutal this series, Penguins need Fleury back.

CgIXwnzW4AAg-gd.jpg

https://twitter.com/EvgeniMaIkinEgo/status/721165034500538368/photo/1

"Look at all the rats on the ice in Florida. Awesome."   :lol:

Control. Control of the puck. Hiya Taro T.

20 years. God forbid the home fans actually have a lite fun. Games nowadays are lifeless as it is, let's outlaw what little is left. I don't recall anybody getting hurt and somehow I doubt it's caused any distress from either team. But it's OK to sit around for 10 minutes while they review an offsides play.

This league has enough problems to deal with, somehow I doubt an occasional 2 minute cleanup of plastic rats should be an issue. A delay of game penalty is ridiculous. Especially with so many New Yonkers down here, who's to say it's not the opposing fans throwing them on the ice.

Lindy Ruff coke bottle glass sighting. Watch how the players have to dodge the rats with their skates. Do you really want to see this nonsense after every goal?

--I think the vote for replay was unanimous.  I am certain that the Sabres voted in favor.

--Doing something 20 years ago and then doing it again 20 years later does not mean it's a 20-year-long tradition.  That said, penalize Detroit when its fans throw an octopus, too.

--I think the vote for replay was unanimous. I am certain that the Sabres voted in favor.

--Doing something 20 years ago and then doing it again 20 years later does not mean it's a 20-year-long tradition. That said, penalize Detroit when its fans throw an octopus, too.

There have been rat sightings every year here and there, just as often as the octopus. Which says something considering the Panthers haven't won for 20 years haha. Edited by JJFIVEOH

Control. Control of the puck. Hiya Taro T.

Lindy Ruff coke bottle glass sighting. Watch how the players have to dodge the rats with their skates. Do you really want to see this nonsense after every goal?

Let it be addressed when we actually start seeing it after every goal.

First time catching a game. Kind of seems like a strange channel for playoff hockey.

The Cat Channel has special coverage of the national hairball outbreak.

Let it be addressed when we actually start seeing it after every goal.

Wasn't it done after every goal way back when?

This might help clarify things a bit. The rule book talks about one warning before a penalty is called. It exempts "special occasions." Holy cow, doesn't the NHL employ a lawyer or somebody to make the rulebook clear and understandable. But I guess that wouldn't be fun for the lawyer. Special occasion is a pretty subjective term.

63.4 Objects Thrown on the Ice – In the event that objects are thrown on
the ice that interfere with the progress of the game, the Referee shall
blow the whistle and stop the play and the puck shall be faced-off at a
face-off spot in the zone nearest to the spot where play is stopped.
When objects are thrown on the ice during a stoppage in play,
including after the scoring of a goal, the Referee shall have
announced over the public address system that any further
occurrences will result in a bench minor penalty being assessed to
the home Team. Articles thrown onto the ice following a special
occasion (i.e. hat trick) will not result in a bench minor penalty being
assessed.

I have no clue how that can be a goal. It was kicked, and I never saw it cross while the net was still in.

I have no problem with the "kick", but when the hell did the "net being completely off the moorings" become the the deciding factor?

No way that was a goal and here's why.

In order to award a goal in this situation, the goal post must have been displaced by the actions of a defending player, the puck must have been shot (or the player must be in the act of shooting) at the goal prior to the goal post being displaced, and it must be determined that the puck would have entered the net between the normal position of the goal posts.

The puck would have never entered the net if it was in it's normal position.

I have no problem with the "kick", but when the hell did the "net being completely off the moorings" become the the deciding factor?

No way that was a goal and here's why.

In order to award a goal in this situation, the goal post must have been displaced by the actions of a defending player, the puck must have been shot (or the player must be in the act of shooting) at the goal prior to the goal post being displaced, and it must be determined that the puck would have entered the net between the normal position of the goal posts.

The puck would have never entered the net if it was in it's normal position.

I really just didn't know how to analyze what happened there, but it never felt at all like it should be a good goal. I dunno.

The Sharks are fast, and they're just plain beating the Kings to a lot of pucks. I've had minor fears of the Sabres being built just a little to slow, outside of Kane and Eichel there isn't much foot speed to work with.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.