Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

That's assuming they even asked. I wouldn't be surprised if they had no idea.

If they didn't ask and/or if the medical staff didn't communicate injury concerns about a 1st round pick? Fire `em all!

However I find that lack of communication hard to believe, even for the Bills.

Edited by Claude_Verret

I don't see what the medical staff did wrong. Lawson played with the shoulder for two years in college without issue. He re-injured it during mini camp. happens. I understand the Bills don't exactly have a lot of benefit of the doubt built up, but not everything bad that happens to them is due to incompetence.

So, who bets we sign Greg Hardy?

They won't but if they did I would immediately begin rooting against them until he's off the roster.

If he is better than what we have, I say sign him.  He can bunk with Richie..

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/tom-jackson-espn-28-years-source-article-1.2725856?utm_content=buffera300f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=braissman+twitter

Tom Jackson may be leaving ESPN, and TV as a whole. Man, I grew up with him and Berman doing Prime Time. This makes me sad.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/tom-jackson-espn-28-years-source-article-1.2725856?utm_content=buffera300f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=braissman+twitter

Tom Jackson may be leaving ESPN, and TV as a whole. Man, I grew up with him and Berman doing Prime Time. This makes me sad.

I recall him actually playing for the Denver Donkeys. Now I feel old. This makes me sad. Mother ####er. :p

He certainly has been a fixture there for like forever...  I don't even remember Berman before Jackson.

And with that goes the last remaining reason to watch ESPN.

Former Bill Nigel Bradham charged with assaulting a cabana boy at a Florida hotel. He is now with the Eagles.

http://on.nbc10.com/OxosiYT

That poor cabana boy.  First Bradham assaults him, and now he has to play for the Eagles.

Anyway.  I was privileged tonight to attend a Q&A with Doug Whaley and Jim Monos.  Whaley fielded 90% of the questions and 100% of what I am about to write below.  I do NOT remember everything--it was an hour long, there were lots of questions, and it was hot as hell in that room.  Also, I couldn't take notes.  (Not that we weren't allowed; I just didn't have pen and paper.)  All questions and answers are paraphrased.

1.  How do you expect to sign both Gilmore and Taylor to extensions?

A.  It's going to be tough.  It's the NFL, so a QB is a priority.  Not to say that a shutdown corner isn't important.  They're not 1 and 2, but 1 and 1a.  

2.  Can you give us any insight into the McCoy deal?  Was it your offer or theirs? It shocked us.

A.  It shocked us, too.  I could hardly believe it when I got a text from someone within the Philly organization asking if we were interested.  I called to confirm. Then I told the rest of the staff (scouts, coaches, etc.) and they laughed.  It shocked us.  It was their offer.

3.  How does the war room in the draft work?

A.  This year?  Very smoothly.  I've been in football for 21 years.  I've been doing this for 21 years and I never saw a draft work like this.  We were going to take Reggie Ragland at 19, because we thought Shaq would be gone.  And Shaq was there so we took him.  And then Reggie was there in the second, and we took him.  We wanted a solid #2 prospect at QB--not a starter, but someone who could replace EJ if he leaves.  And we thought Cardale might go in the fourth.  But he didn't, so we used a supplemental fourth--basically a fifth--to pick him.  We thought Listenbee would be gone in the fifth, but there he was in the sixth.  And we might need him to replace Goodwin or Woods, because they're up this year.

FOLLOWUP to 3:  What about Shaq's injury?  Why did you take him if you knew?

A.  We took him because we want his number up on the wall [of fame].  We decided well, why risk it?  We want you on the wall.  Come in healthy.  Get the surgery now.  (I note that he did not refer to a mini-camp injury at all.)

ANOTHER FOLLOWUP TO 3:  How is Terry Pegula at the draft table?

A.  He doesn't do much.  I mean, Kim's the boss.  If there's a player the Pegulas REALLY want, well, he's (note the difference) the boss.  But we go over our draft ideas with Kim and Terry on Wednesday before the draft, and they ask some really thought-provoking questions.  Questions that make us think a bit.  But it's our plan.

4.  How do you feel about a stadium move and whether it would freeze fans out of being able to buy seats?

A.  That's not my thing.  That's the Pegulas and Russ Brandon.  My job is to put a team out there that can win.  The numbers and stuff, that's them.  Russ Brandon doesn't get involved in players and coaches, and I don't get involved in that stuff.

A couple of notes:

--Most of the time, when asked about the Pegs, he referred to Kim.  It seemed that she is the face of ownership of the football team.

--He really is interested in building a champion here.  He spoke about consistency--how the Rooneys wouldn't fire Cowher after going 7-9 and then 6-10, and how they ultimately were rewarded when Cowher won a Super Bowl.  (This was not in response to a question.  It was in his preamble.)

--His hair is kind of ###### up for a guy who is a major executive.  But I've met him before and knew that.

--I never got to ask him whether he'd root for the Sabs or the Pens in Game 7 of the semis.

EDIT:  There may be specific topics that were addressed that I didn't think to write about, so feel free to ask away.

Edited by Eleven

I heard today that the Bills may sign Reggie Bush?

Anyone remember this? http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/reggie-bush-bashes-women-buffalo-213106605--nfl.html

Good times.

Whaley did mention that--he was asked--and said yeah, the team is very interested.  He'd like to see how opposing DCs deal with a two-back set of Bush and McCoy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.