Buffalo Bills 2016

That Aud Smell

You’ve got two guys up there from Clemson just being in the program and it’s going to help me out when I get up there,” he said.

That’s why when he was surprisingly still sitting on the board after 15 picks Lawson was pulling to be available to the Bills as much as they were hoping he’d last until pick 19.

“It’s amazing me going to Buffalo,” Lawson told Buffalobills.com. “I knew I was still sitting there and I was going to be happy to go to Buffalo. I was like, ‘Please help Buffalo grab me.’”

“Very few times that you can go into a draft and have a really big need and that guy there standing out like a sore thumb,” said Whaley. “We never thought he’d drop to us at 19. It came together and it was perfect for us. I can’t say anymore, but we’re ecstatic. We’re elated and we can’t wait to get him in the building and start working with him.”

So for a kid from Central, South Carolina, who has only known football in his home state, he may not have been able to find a better second home than Buffalo, New York.

“Man Buffalo feels like home to me,” said Lawson. “So I am glad that Buffalo picked me. I just feel like I at home with them. They use the same term, ‘All in’ like we did at Clemson. Same meaning and everything, so I’m just happy.”

Seems like the love is mutual. 

Edited by Huckleberry

This is more for a 4th round pick. Hoping the Bills can land Dak Prescott. Watched the guy throughout his college career. He'll fit the Bills offense. This past season Dan Mullen, MSU Head Coach, practically did Prescott a favor by having him Q from the pocket. He's quick, has a strong arm and is a great leader. Feel he's worth the gamble. 

Lots of players who would be 1st rounders in most other years are still left...especially along the defensive line: Dodd, Billings, Reed, Robinson, Jones. We still need 1 more starter in the base front 7. Hughes and Shaq Lawson are your OLB's in a 3-4 formation. The 2 Browns play ILB. Dareus and Kyle Williams are on the line. At the moment, Corbin Bryant is the 3rd DL starter with zero depth behind him.

My 2nd round prediction: Jarran Reed, NT, Alabama. This would allow Dareus to comfortably shift back to a more attacking role at 3-4 DE.

Lots of players who would be 1st rounders in most other years are still left...especially along the defensive line: Dodd, Billings, Reed, Robinson, Jones. We still need 1 more starter in the base front 7. Hughes and Shaq Lawson are your OLB's in a 3-4 formation. The 2 Browns play ILB. Dareus and Kyle Williams are on the line. At the moment, Corbin Bryant is the 3rd DL starter with zero depth behind him.

My 2nd round prediction: Jarran Reed, NT, Alabama. This would allow Dareus to comfortably shift back to a more attacking role at 3-4 DE.

Though I'm still in favor of taking a chance on Jack, I'm perfectly okay with this. I really don't want Dareus as the nose.

Separately, this semi-angst on WGR this morning about not taking Paxton Lynch is killing me. "What if in three years he's a top-15 quarterback?" Uuuuhhhh, Taylor just put in a top-15 season and you're in a huge hurry to jettison him, soooooooooo ya know. I really think Taylor is being undersold because he's not in the Romo and above class.

He told Terry to tell Doug to take Shaq.

Did you murder Russ? Where is Russ dammit!?!?!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2628857-the-phone-call-i-never-wanted-to-get-and-my-unconventional-path-to-the-draft

"My junior year of high school, all my dreams were coming true. I was choosing between a lot of Division I scholarship offers in football, while getting ready to help defend our state title in basketball.Then I got the phone call that changed my life forever: My parents' car had been hit by a drunk driver."

- Shaq Lawson story

Keep an eye in the late rounds for John Kling. LT from UB, he's also my Godson. Hes had private workouts with 4 teams. Really hoping to hear his name called on Saturday.

I wish him luck!

Trade up for Myles Jack?

I talked to my friend about this. He lives and breathes college football and the draft. He said he would take Jake if he fell but would not trade up to get him simply because this draft has enough depth and Jack's comments on his knee are more than worrisome. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Everything is working fine but this board. Either TBD needs to calm the ###### down for the 2nd round of the draft, or something else is going on

TBD will never calm down. They are like the methed up degenerative brother or is it Sabrespace is like the cool pothead sibling?

Edited by inkman

Everything is working fine but this board. Either TBD needs to calm the ###### down for the 2nd round of the draft, or something else is going on 

Ah, that's it. I forgot about the draft and was wondering why the board was so slow today. :beer:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.