GDT: Buffalo @ Boston, 7:00 pm edt, 2-6-2016

WildCard

Number 1 difference between this year and last year.................... Everybody is ticked off when we lose this year....... AWESOME, that is probably no good freaking Bylsma's fault too :rolleyes:

Edited by jsb

Same. I think I like this Lehner guy.

An upgrade over the last pencil-necked hot head.

At least we kept our record streak going. Eight road games against division opponents with at least a point. That's somethin', right?

Absolutely. When things come together you want that rep within the division. Good stuff.

Go ahead and make the case that Gorges, Gionta, and Larsson getting 3-on-3 time gives us a better chance to win than Reinhart.

Having Gionta and Larsson out there is basically playing not to lose. Risto tried to do too much because those two were out there. Eichel, O'Reilly, Reinhart, Kane, Girganson, and maybe McGinn should be the only forwards getting ice in OT.

Having Gionta and Larsson out there is basically playing not to lose. Risto tried to do too much because those two were out there. Eichel, O'Reilly, Reinhart, Kane, Girganson, and maybe McGinn should be the only forwards getting ice in OT.

No need to try and excuse the play away as "trying to do too much", it was what it was, which is Ristolainen's worst shift of his young career. He almost gave Marchand a breakaway seconds earlier on the same shift. He looked a bit rattled on the shift.  It had nothing to do with Gionta and Larsson, it was all Ristolainen. 

It was an obvious bad call, which happen. I would have liked to see Lehner make the save there which nullifies the bad call. The graphic above is cute, I would have liked to see Lehner do more than fall on his stomach on the penalty shot. Would have been great to see him pickup his young teammate up with a save after a bad shift. 

Larsson played another monster game anchoring the 3rd line.  He and Kane are hell to play against.

We have seen this from Larsson before. His problem is consistency and sustainability. If Larsson can play a Vaclav Varada roll on this team than he brings great value. He has to put it all together, he is only 23 so he has time and the Sabres can show some patience.  

No need to try and excuse the play away as "trying to do too much", it was what it was, which is Ristolainen's worst shift of his young career. He almost gave Marchand a breakaway seconds earlier on the same shift. He looked a bit rattled on the shift.  It had nothing to do with Gionta and Larsson, it was all Ristolainen. 

It was an obvious bad call, which happen. I would have liked to see Lehner make the save there which nullifies the bad call. The graphic above is cute, I would have liked to see Lehner do more than fall on his stomach on the penalty shot. Would have been great to see him pickup his young teammate up with a save after a bad shift. 

Exactly.  We gave up way too much for Lehner and this just proves it once again. :-)

Edited by Dave Dryden

We have seen this from Larsson before. His problem is consistency and sustainability. If Larsson can play a Vaclav Varada roll on this team than he brings great value. He has to put it all together, he is only 23 so he has time and the Sabres can show some patience.  

That's a tough game to play for an entire season. There is only so much a body can take, even if it is only 23 years old. Consistent to me is 4-5 games full on, then a game or 2 off, wash rinse repeat.

I wondered, last night, what penalty was called in OT. On television, the penalty shot was identified, but not the penalty, itself.

I went to NHL dotcom. It was a hooking call. Hooking ...

That is just perfect. High-sticking is the only thing he could have called it that would have been more ridiculous.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.