GDT: Buffalo @ Boston, 7:00 pm edt, 2-6-2016

WildCard

It was an obvious bad call, which happen. I would have liked to see Lehner make the save there which nullifies the bad call. The graphic above is cute, I would have liked to see Lehner do more than fall on his stomach on the penalty shot. Would have been great to see him pickup his young teammate up with a save after a bad shift.

Lehner might have looked bad on that PS, but you didn't happen to notice the super wicked move that Marchand put on him????  Marchand is a total douchebag but his move was bad ass and that is why Lehner looked bad on that PS......Lehner played great in that game and yes it would have been great if he pulled off an amazing save on the PS, but to say that he just fell on his stomach for no reason is not fair at all.

No need to try and excuse the play away as "trying to do too much", it was what it was, which is Ristolainen's worst shift of his young career. He almost gave Marchand a breakaway seconds earlier on the same shift. He looked a bit rattled on the shift.  It had nothing to do with Gionta and Larsson, it was all Ristolainen. 

It was an obvious bad call, which happen. I would have liked to see Lehner make the save there which nullifies the bad call. The graphic above is cute, I would have liked to see Lehner do more than fall on his stomach on the penalty shot. Would have been great to see him pickup his young teammate up with a save after a bad shift. 

We have seen this from Larsson before. His problem is consistency and sustainability. If Larsson can play a Vaclav Varada roll on this team than he brings great value. He has to put it all together, he is only 23 so he has time and the Sabres can show some patience.

You are learned. I was not a poster during Varada's tenure. I was a fan. No assignment, but do you (or others) have a view on Vaclav's value?

No need to try and excuse the play away as "trying to do too much", it was what it was, which is Ristolainen's worst shift of his young career. He almost gave Marchand a breakaway seconds earlier on the same shift. He looked a bit rattled on the shift. It had nothing to do with Gionta and Larsson, it was all Ristolainen.

I disagree, they weren't getting open or spreading out so he tried to force to puck to them. The forwards who should have been out there would give him better passing options.

From Complete Hockey News:

Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand scored the game winning goal for the Bruins last night with an illegal glove.

NHL Rule 12.2

"A glove from which all or part of the palm has been removed or cut to permit the use of the bare hand shall be considered illegal equipment and if any player wears such a glove in play, a minor penalty shall be imposed on him."

12592432_829971707129694_496994294328995

I wondered, last night, what penalty was called in OT. On television, the penalty shot was identified, but not the penalty, itself.

I went to NHL dotcom. It was a hooking call. Hooking ...

that makes no sense whatsoever. Risto had his arms around Marchand for a split second so, if anything, holding might have been called - but they missed Risto's stick getting slashed out of his hands by Marchand. 

From Complete Hockey News:

Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand scored the game winning goal for the Bruins last night with an illegal glove.

NHL Rule 12.2

"A glove from which all or part of the palm has been removed or cut to permit the use of the bare hand shall be considered illegal equipment and if any player wears such a glove in play, a minor penalty shall be imposed on him."

12592432_829971707129694_496994294328995

Could the official wave off the PS goal if the Sabres challenged right after on the illegal glove?

Lehner might have looked bad on that PS, but you didn't happen to notice the super wicked move that Marchand put on him????  Marchand is a total douchebag but his move was bad ass and that is why Lehner looked bad on that PS......Lehner played great in that game and yes it would have been great if he pulled off an amazing save on the PS, but to say that he just fell on his stomach for no reason is not fair at all.

Lehner's reaction after the goal tells me his mind was on the call not making the save. 

Tell me what was so "super sick" about Marchand's move? It was about as basic a move as you will see on a penalty shot. He skated in, Lehner began to fall and he went to the backhand. The wan't really anything that impressive about Marchand's move. 

Lehner's reaction after the goal tells me his mind was on the call not making the save. 

Tell me what was so "super sick" about Marchand's move? It was about as basic a move as you will see on a penalty shot. He skated in, Lehner began to fall and he went to the backhand. The wan't really anything that impressive about Marchand's move. 

I think this would be the concern about his hotheadedness.

You are learned. I was not a poster during Varada's tenure. I was a fan. No assignment, but do you (or others) have a view on Vaclav's value?

Physical agitator type that could play strong D, chip in with offense here and there and drew penalties. Think of Marchand minus Marchand's offensive talent. 

I disagree, they weren't getting open or spreading out so he tried to force to puck to them. The forwards who should have been out there would give him better passing options.

The pass Marchand ended up stealing was about as weak a pass attempt as you will see. He could have just went off the boards with the puck. It was a tough play on a tough shift for kid. 

Lehner's statline through seven appearances: 2.17 GAA and a whopping .939 save percentage. 2-3-1 record. Still early but we can only hope this continues and we've got our guy.

Just one of his full games played has seen him finish with a save percentage below .943.

Could the official wave off the PS goal if the Sabres challenged right after on the illegal glove?

Can you imagine the glorious scene? The smirking uber-villain Marchand, presenting his palms to officials with his copywrited incredulous, bewildered look ... cheering chowder heads coming to the conclusion that something's up, one by one .... TV Jack miss-explaining the action with a half grasp of rules, full grasp of homerism, and a cup-runneth over need to keep talking .... Players milling about while officials converse within earshot of captains ... the Sabres captain turning and skating away, tapping his stick on the ice ... Marchand looking like someone tried to explain Sudoko to him .... The goal waved off and a penalty awarded to the Sabres ... Lehner waving his stick and returning to his crease like Thor waved a sword and returned to his throne ... and Matty Mou potting the GW power play goal .... and one last look at the always angry and befuddled Claude Julian.

Edited by N'eo

Lightbulb of awareness - How many times must I have done that?!

Oh, most aware one, you may have been using it correctly depending on the context.

Excellent question and thank you for not spelling "wave" with an i.

I believe with the *i* would have been correct.

Merriam Webster would absolve you. The meanings are indistinguishable.

Webster would, but the meanings are not indistinguishable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.