GDT: Buffalo @ Boston, 7:00 pm edt, 2-6-2016

WildCard

If that happened in regulation I missed it, and based on how the game ended I'm happy I did. Will the league ever stop loving Boston? I wish Lehner would have skated out and smashed Marchand in his rat face and made his nose look even more ###### as he celebrated.

Oh it happened. McGinn was in clean on Rask and he got hauled down. Two minutes in the box for the Bruins but no penalty shot for McGinn.

Risto in general hasn't been good in 3v3 this year, and I'm not letting him off the hook for giving Marchand that chance in the first place.

Tuukka is a good goalie, and man oh man if Lehner keeps this up, and with his intensity, he will become my favorite Sabre. He gets away with little jabs that get into the other teams' heads, and his eyes. Did anyone see his eyes when he threw his mask. I want players who hate losing that much on my team, and when they have the skill to be a good starter at their position, well, that's entertainment.

Risto has looked bad. So has ROR. Hell, has anyone looked good in OT consistently? We just look totally discombobulated put there.

On Lehner, someone less lazy than me needs to post the screen cap of his face after he threw his helmet. It's avatar worthy.

Can someone also make/find video that compares the McGinn and Marchand plays back to back? 

Risto has looked bad. So has ROR. Hell, has anyone looked good in OT consistently? We just look totally discombobulated put there.

On Lehner, someone less lazy than me needs to post the screen cap of his face after he threw his helmet. It's avatar worthy.

I'd sure like to see a combination of Reinhart/Zemgus/fast player try to.

Risto totally did the NHL equivalent of "I'm just here so I won't get fined" when asked about the PS. "I don't want to talk about that. I didn't think anything." :lol:

Risto is a character. Did you see him stand like a statue after he checked the Bruin post-whistle, totally ignoring the guy draped on his back in hopes that the referee would know that he didn't check the (coincidentally Swedish) player on purpose? And his hand-shake thing after he dumped Parise in the Minnesota game, and how he picks the biggest forwards on the other team and dogs them all game. Love him.

Go ahead and make the case that Gorges, Gionta, and Larsson getting 3-on-3 time gives us a better chance to win than Reinhart.

Not going to stick up for that but at the same time those 3 didn`t lose the game

I hope this tough loss plants a seed of hate for the Bruins going forward.  Its the start of payback. Plus it pushed us closer to winning the lotto, which we will win from a top 5 pick.

Sorry to be a killjoy but we moved from tied for 30th to 25th with that point

Risto in general hasn't been good in 3v3 this year, and I'm not letting him off the hook for giving Marchand that chance in the first place.

Samson is so smart. And it's awesome to see the number of times he gets knocked down shrink, and see him win battles and create chances after getting back up when he does. 

Jack had a strong game on both ends I thought, could have had a few points easily. 

Tuukka is a good goalie, and man oh man if Lehner keeps this up, and with his intensity, he will become my favorite Sabre. He gets away with little jabs that get into the other teams' heads, and his eyes. Did anyone see his eyes when he threw his mask. I want players who hate losing that much on my team, and when they have the skill to be a good starter at their position, well, that's entertainment. 

Marchand still got a shot off didn't he, even if Risto "held" him? (He didn't, his hand was on his back but never pulled or anything.) What's he supposed to do if he can't lean, just let Brad skate free? 

Larsson/Kane/Gionta have spent quite a few games together playing very well now. I hope we don't break that up, and I hope we add enough in the offseason to make that line our distant-third-best-line.

Moulson, you got a chance with Jack, and your stick wasn't on the ice. 

McCabe is a little over his head at this point, but he is not Franson-bad. Sit Cody, and run our RHDs down the right and our LHDs down the left.

Honestly, this was a great road game from our boys up until that mess of an ending. We'll be winning these games next year. I wish we were winning them now.

Very good post

Oh it happened. McGinn was in clean on Rask and he got hauled down. Two minutes in the box for the Bruins but no penalty shot for McGinn.

I don't think that's true. They seemed shoulder to shoulder to me but the defender was on the wrong side.

OTOH, The call in overtime was complete horseshit.

clintwestwood, on 06 Feb 2016 - 10:34 PM, said:

Man I love Lehner. He always looks like he wants to kill someone, and plays well enough to earn the right to have that attitude. I'm becoming quickly convinced that he is our guy.

I like this.  And agree.

Furious, bad initial plays by Risto but the ref's mistake overshadows Risto's screw up due to to how outrageous it was.

Team looked good and bad at various times, but deserves to at least get a chance to win which the ref denied us. 

Love Lehner's passion and he deserved a win.

Eichel and Reinhart both played well, Eichel's play at the end of the third was awesome how he just outstrengthed that Bruin to make a chance. Reinhart played a second game in a row where he looked the part of a 2nd overall from start to finish. Loved his 2 goals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.