Reinhart Eichel vs Ekblad McDavid

NHLBUFF

The dust is beginning to settle on this rebuild. the Sabres have their new core, or at least a few key pieces to the puzzle. Were headed in the right direction and its only a matter of time until we start making the playoffs.

The Sabres lost the lottery, 2 years in a row. in my mind those 2 players, McDavid and Ekblad, are arguably the 2 best prospects at their respective positions in the last 10 years. That really stings, but I am pretty thrilled with plan B. I would not be the least bit surprised if all 4 players made their way into the HHOF.

So let the discussion start here, who would you rather have given the choice of the 4?

The dust is beginning to settle on this rebuild. the Sabres have their new core, or at least a few key pieces to the puzzle. Were headed in the right direction and its only a matter of time until we start making the playoffs.

The Sabres lost the lottery, 2 years in a row. in my mind those 2 players, McDavid and Ekblad, are arguably the 2 best prospects at their respective positions in the last 10 years. That really stings, but I am pretty thrilled with plan B. I would not be the least bit surprised if all 4 players made their way into the HHOF.

So let the discussion start here, who would you rather have given the choice of the 4?

Considering that they'd've had to win the lottery a 2nd time from somewhere in the mid-20's had they gotten Eckblad rather than Reinhart - I'd prefer the hand TM dealt. :)

Considering that they'd've had to win the lottery a 2nd time from somewhere in the mid-20's had they gotten Eckblad rather than Reinhart - I'd prefer the hand TM dealt. :)

No no, just have to add sending Ekblad back to junior for another year, to the list of "good hockey moves" we've made the last couple years

Ekblad is really good. Florida was smart to take him #1 overall.

That's what I've been noticing too. Personally I'd go with McDavid Ekblad, with no disrespect to Eichel and Reinhart. they will lead us to glory someday

But Ekblad is a beast. Defensive awareness off the charts

Edited by NHLBUFF

I'm thrilled with the pieces we have, but I'd pretty easily take the other two if that's what you're asking. And I would imagine that every rebuilding team would do the same. McDavid and Ekblad went to different teams, so considering that we got BOTH Eichel and Reinhart, I'm not going to complain.

Well said

And, as nfreeman says, it's really McDavid that tips the scales here. Here's the real question

McDavid + Reinhart or Ekblad + Eichel?

Well said

And, as nfreeman says, it's really McDavid that tips the scales here. Here's the real question

Thats a good question right there, but of course McD with Rhino feeding him on the wing. But what do you guys think of Eichel with Bennett as his winger? That one could of been dangerous.

Well said

That's a lot tougher, because I think Ekblad will become a perennial Norris contender, but I obviously want McDavid on my team. 

I flipped a coin, McDavid and Samson.

McDavid looks like he is just unstoppable and as much as I like Eichel, reality tells me that McD could turn into a 99 type of player.....I mean the moves, wow

I know!! I feel bad complaining about a couple 92-94 overalls, but damn a 97 overall center and 95 overall Dman.. been playing to much be a gm

Now that we have ROR, center depth isn't the issue it was 2 seasons ago.  I'll take Ekblad and McJesus.

Imagine Ekblad and Risto as your top 2 defencemen....

*swoons*

We may be able to get something similar to that, if we are able to get our hands on Chychrun.

Well said

I'm not sure if this is what you meant - but the choices to me are:

McDavid vs Reinhart and Eichel

or

Ekblad vs Reinhart and Eichel

Edited by 7+6=13

IMHO, the Sabres were always going to draft Reinhart, first or second overall.

They needed fowards, and centers.

It made sense for the Panthers to choose a d-man, given who they had in the system. It would've made zero sense for the Sabres to draft a d-man.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.