GDT: Buffalo @ Montreal, 7:00 pm est, 2-3-2016

WildCard

I think jsb has a bounty out on me  :(

Nope. My teacher was better looking than that. She was sending them to some college guy who's little brother was in our class. 

Same here. Without Price, this is the worst team in the league. We should destroy these fools tonight

Ah, Ms.Sanchez.  :wub:

Lucky man, happy birthday  :beer:

I've always wanted to go there, just seems like such an energetic place 

It would appear I was born a handful of years too soon. This was barely even possible when I was that age :(

from what I heard (read), he's going to get the large majority of the remaining games.

Perfect.  Sink or swim.  We gave up a first and Murray spoke at the time like he's our future #1.  Johnson is a UFA.  I don't really care about results as we're not a playoff team so lets atleast give him 70% to 75% of remaining games. 

On a side note.  I sometimes read the oppositions message boards on game days to get a feel of what their fans think.  Well I've never seen so many pictures of tanks in a GDT before.  I mean it put our tank threads to shame.  If the fan base from one of the original 6 and overall a very proud fan base is all onboard with cheering for a tank then I don't feel bad about what went on here the last two years. 

Not bringing up if cheering for the tank was acceptable or not but it's surprising the support Montreal fans seem to be giving it with most hoping and some 'praying' they lose.  Some calling this a big 4 point game.....

Ummmm guys, it's a year to late since the rules have changed.

On a side note.  I sometimes read the oppositions message boards on game days to get a feel of what their fans think.  Well I've never seen so many pictures of tanks in a GDT before.  I mean it put our tank threads to shame.  If the fan base from one of the original 6 and overall a very proud fan base is all onboard with cheering for a tank then I don't feel bad about what went on here the last two years. 

Not bringing up if cheering for the tank was acceptable or not but it's surprising the support Montreal fans seem to be giving it with most hoping and some 'praying' they lose.  Some calling this a big 4 point game.....

I had no idea they were embracing the tank as fans. They must realize how terrible Bergevin is, right?

Has the Montreal brass publicly stated that they're due for some "suffering" so they could build up from the draft? The Sabres pretty much came out and said "were planning to tank" from the onset and that's what made it easy(ier) for me to embrace that strategy. I think the Habs are in a different boat since they started 10-0. Management wasn't saying "were gonna build through the draft and also be undefeated". I think my point is Sabres fans had more reason to "root" for the tank because it was the strategy that was laid before us. Having a player go down with injury (Price) is not an excuse to start rooting for losses.

I had no idea they were embracing the tank as fans. They must realize how terrible Bergevin is, right?

I think they realized it when they acquired Mitchell and Flynn.  I thought they were universally known as Harbingers of the Tank.

Wow.  Which board?

Also, so great to be able to watch the Sabres tonight!  Finally!

I think they realized it when they acquired Mitchell and Flynn.  I thought they were universally known as Harbingers of the Tank.

Didn't the Sabres shed Mitchell and Flynn to speed up the Tank? Or were they brought on to help the tank and then shipped because they demonstrated skill?

At this point it's all a horribly twisted recollection, a distant nightmare.

Wow.  Which board?

Also, so great to be able to watch the Sabres tonight!  Finally!

Their HF board.  Here's a link to their GDT

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=2023029

I mean, they even want to steal our Fire Sale montage from a couple of years ago!!

Edited by Derrico

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.