Abe Vigoda dead at 94

darksabre

Barney Milker was one of favorite TV shows of all time. One of the few shows you could watch over and over and still catch some line or reference you missed.

Favorite episode of all time when they all are brownies laced with hashish, Fish was awesome.

It is in my top 5:

1. All in the Family

2. Barney Miller

3. Night Court

4. Seinfeld

5. Cheers

and honorable mention 

6. Soap

I mostly remember him from the Godfather. 

Thats a lie, I mostly remember him as the resident old-guy joke on the old Conan Late night show. I can't find a video, but the best was them finding the Rockefellar Christmas Abe Vigoda, chopping him down in someones back yard, then strapping him to a flatbed and trasporting him to Rockefellar Plaza and decorating him. 

This one is pretty good, though: http://www.popscreen.com/v/seM/Late-Night-with-Conan-OBrien-Setting-Abe-Vigoda-Free

I love a guy who is ok with making fun of himself.

Sad. 94 is a good age, though. G'bye, Abe.

Barney Milker was one of favorite TV shows of all time. One of the few shows you could watch over and over and still catch some line or reference you missed.

Well, irregardless of that . . . .

(Sorry to be obscure. My favourite line from a great show.)

Godspeed, Mr. Vigoda!

Barney Miller is definitely one of my all-time favorite sit-coms. I recently finished watching the first 4 seasons of Barney Miller and it still resonates very well (of course I'm biased). It didn't seem dated even though it was 40 years ago. Well, the clothes now seem dated, but even that is a plus at this point.

I became a Barney Miller fan at my grandparents' house. One evening as a 10-year old I came running into the TV room saying or asking something right when the show was starting. They both "Shushed" me vehemently. They had never "shushed" me before. I knew right away they really loved that show and so I shut up and lay down on the floor and watched it with them.

It is in my top 5:

1. All in the Family

2. Barney Miller

3. Night Court

4. Seinfeld

5. Cheers

and honorable mention 

6. Soap

I love your list but have to say, The Sopranos!!

Soap is a great honorable mention though. It wouldn't qualify because of how short lived it was but Dennis Leary had a two year run I think with a show called The Job that was awesome.

Favorite episode of all time when they all are brownies laced with hashish, Fish was awesome.

I remember this episode. "Best I've felt in 10 years and it's illegal!" He chased down some young offender and cuffed him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.