GDT: Buffalo @ Colorado, 10:00 pm est, 1-20-2016

WildCard

They play Friday, not tomorrow. I might be misunderstanding you though

It's after midnight on Thursday, so technically tomorrow is Friday  ;)

Dan Bylsma has no initial time frame for Sam Reinhart, who suffered upper-body injury. Will be evaluated when arrive in Buffalo.

!!!

Tough loss.

They battled well.

3rd line doing what they have to do. Don't generate many scoring chances but get a fair # of shots and keep the other team out of the Sabres end.

Hopefully Reinhart's issue is either a several stitch cut or a broken nose & not a concussion or broken skull bone. Not having him in the game hurt. Playing in the thin air w/ only 9 forwards not named Varone nor Moulson for ~30 minutes was difficult in a 1 goal game.

They're getting better at the pk, but 2 games in a row (IIRC) that though they were perfect on the kill they gave a goal up before they could control the puck outside the zone after a kill. Need to find a way to get that full 2:00+ killed. Nice though that the problem is after minute 2 (or minute 4 as the case may be) and not in minute 1 like it was in October. Baby steps.

It'll be interesting to see if Pysyk or McCabe sits Friday. I wouldn't single out Pysyk for the 2 goals but sentiment around here seems to be that management expects more from him. If he is as doghoused as it seems, we'll know Friday. My guess is McCabe sits again.

Thought Lehner was finally going to get a W or at worst an OTL. Expect that'll come soon - hopefully Friday.

Thought Moulson played his best game in a while, which isn't saying much. :lol:

Really liked Kane's effort. Good to see him get rewarded for it.

In 2 years, will anyone have a better 1-2 punch at C than the Sabres?

I know many believed that Bogosian can't play the left side, but he seems to see the game better from there. Playing w/ Ristoleinen definitely helps, but I've really liked his game the past 2.

McGinn was very strong in the offensive zone, but didn't like his play in the neutral zone.

What's the record for most steals at the other team's blueline? Sabres had to have picked Avs pockets at least 6 times and probably more like 9.

Good effort. Tough result. Take 2 from Detroit on Friday.

I saw the replay of Reinhart, it really looked like nothing. What the hell could possibly be the matter with him?

Not sure, it will be one of those freaky injuries that requires the laws of physics to explain how it happened. Either way is he out until after the all star break?

Good second. Growing pains. 

Positives in Lemmy's first very strong game as a Sabre. Sound positioning throughout (although flailing his 6'4 frame a bit in chaos). Hopefully, a couple more like these will start to turn the overwhelming pessimism on the Board.  

Eich continues to get more comfortable with smart puck possession (although still a number of lackadaisical turnovers followed by lazy attempts to get back to the puck). Looks dynamic on the PP (7 PPPs in last 10).

Sound D until the shell. No doubt the group continues to get better.

Good game from the 3rd line. Gionta with some good burst.  

Moulson sighting! 

Tough loss.

They battled well.

3rd line doing what they have to do. Don't generate many scoring chances but get a fair # of shots and keep the other team out of the Sabres end.

Hopefully Reinhart's issue is either a several stitch cut or a broken nose & not a concussion or broken skull bone. Not having him in the game hurt. Playing in the thin air w/ only 9 forwards not named Varone nor Moulson for ~30 minutes was difficult in a 1 goal game.

They're getting better at the pk, but 2 games in a row (IIRC) that though they were perfect on the kill they gave a goal up before they could control the puck outside the zone after a kill. Need to find a way to get that full 2:00+ killed. Nice though that the problem is after minute 2 (or minute 4 as the case may be) and not in minute 1 like it was in October. Baby steps.

It'll be interesting to see if Pysyk or McCabe sits Friday. I wouldn't single out Pysyk for the 2 goals but sentiment around here seems to be that management expects more from him. If he is as doghoused as it seems, we'll know Friday. My guess is McCabe sits again.

Thought Lehner was finally going to get a W or at worst an OTL. Expect that'll come soon - hopefully Friday.

Thought Moulson played his best game in a while, which isn't saying much. :lol:

Really liked Kane's effort. Good to see him get rewarded for it.

In 2 years, will anyone have a better 1-2 punch at C than the Sabres?

I know many believed that Bogosian can't play the left side, but he seems to see the game better from there. Playing w/ Ristoleinen definitely helps, but I've really liked his game the past 2.

McGinn was very strong in the offensive zone, but didn't like his play in the neutral zone.

What's the record for most steals at the other team's blueline? Sabres had to have picked Avs pockets at least 6 times and probably more like 9.

Good effort. Tough result. Take 2 from Detroit on Friday.

McDavid-Nuge/Draisaitl could definitely wind up better than Eichel-O'Reilly/Reinhart. But I can't think of any others.

Yeah. I want Zemgus and Sam and Ennis and Des back very much.

Phew. Doesn't seem like that long ago when people were clamoring for Mouls/Eich.

Amen to that. A comment earlier mentioned how shallow the forwards are (and no doubt they are), but that is a lot of talent out (or maybe, hopefully not out). Would be pretty interesting if Ennis can return to form sometime this year.

i had one impacted did only novacane to have it taken out, pu 800 milligrams of motrin and thought i could gut it out..., mistake jaw felt like it was on fire once the novacane wore off. Took 1/2 hour for motrin to kick in. Not an experience i want repeated. Remember impacted usually means the are removing bone, and in edpecially the mouth, it has lots of little nerves running thru it as i found out later in xray school.

I had 4 impacted teeth removed and was on tylenol with codeine...so yeah when it wore off it felt like four spikes being simultaneously driven through my jaws.

Need a scouting report. How did Grigorenko look? Zadorov? Did Zads take a run at anyone?

The first 5 or 10 minutes saw a lot of hitting from the Avs. The Sabres kept their composure and put a lot of pressure on the puck to frustrate them.

Grigo is Grigo. He looked dangerous at times, only to fumble the puck before he could shoot.

Zads went after the big hit early, but defensively he's still a lightweight and a liability to the team.

Sorry, I'm too lazy to read through the thread. How was Lehner?

Contrary to what most will say Lehner was mediocre. He was out of position on several plays because he didn't keep his feet. He had trouble finding the puck in traffic. His rebound control varied from good to terrible. His defense and size bailed him on several chances. Honestly I worry about a team having the book on Lehner because I think it will be traffic and bumping, hold the puck long enough and he'll over react. I wasnt impressed by his performance and think the game really could have ended 4-1 Colorado if they had slightly better shots. Lehner still has a Ways to go. That all said, it's his 3rd game, let's watch and see if he improves.

Contrary to what most will say Lehner was mediocre. He was out of position on several plays because he didn't keep his feet. He had trouble finding the puck in traffic. His rebound control varied from good to terrible. His defense and size bailed him on several chances. Honestly I worry about a team having the book on Lehner because I think it will be traffic and bumping, hold the puck long enough and he'll over react. I wasnt impressed by his performance and think the game really could have ended 4-1 Colorado if they had slightly better shots. Lehner still has a Ways to go. That all said, it's his 3rd game, let's watch and see if he improves.

:huh:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.