GDT: Buffalo @ Colorado, 10:00 pm est, 1-20-2016

WildCard

Yes it was he slid too far and it went in between arm. He left whole side open weak goal

Deflected twice, the second time off of Pysyk's hand right in front of him. Not on Lehner at all. 

No phuckin' five on five goal support. Again. Our goalies have been getting screwed in that regard all season. 

GO SABRES!!!

Lehner got ######.....he played his balls off tonight. Nice job Pysyk.

He was fantastic tonight

Not on Lehner, at all. From that overhead view you can see he was in position to make the save if it didn't hit Pysyk's hand at the last second. If you want to complain about anything, complain about Bylsma asking his players to turtle and play for OT, instead of staying aggressive in the last minute and keeping the pressure on.

Lehner played great. This loss isn't on him. For only his 2nd game he looked comfortable, had no problem coming out and challenging the shooters and was positioned well all night. He played better than I thought he would.

The Sabres are starting to fall a bit behind in demonstrating a successful post rebuild season -  Chicago earned a decent 88 points their first post rebuild season.   Right now Sabres are on a pace for a mediocre 70 points or so.  They gotta bring it in the second half of the season and take it to the next level; they should be hitting 78, 80 points this year.  We need guys to step up and score goals.      

Edited by Jsixspd

Kane and Pysyk were terrible that last shift. But I hated the way that entire third period was coached. The shell to begin it killed our energy and momentum and by the time they tied it after the grueling 4 minute kill, we were gassed and they were just getting started. Line 4 should not be getting an offensive zone start with 2 minutes left in a period where the Avs have totally dominated. They lost it and got hemmed in. Not sure why Risto wasn't out there for the entire last 2 minutes or so. God dammit this sucks.

I'm not very keen on Bylsma going into a defensive shell all the time. Maybe the last 5 minutes or so but he's gotten into a habit of making it entire 3rd periods. At some point he's going to have to let these guys have some confidence in their offensive ability to actually add to a lead. It's getting really old.

Kane and Pysyk were terrible that last shift. But I hated the way that entire third period was coached. The shell to begin it killed our energy and momentum and by the time they tied it after the grueling 4 minute kill, we were gassed and they were just getting started. Line 4 should not be getting an offensive zone start with 2 minutes left in a period where the Avs have totally dominated. They lost it and got hemmed in. Not sure why Risto wasn't out there for the entire last 2 minutes or so. God dammit this sucks.

Maybe it was coaching, but I think the Reinhart injury may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for our forwards. Down Ennis, Girgensons and now Reinhart is frickin brutal.

ROR such a creative flip pass on the PK

I thought that too, but he got lucky, it rode the shaft of the defender's stick. 

I thought Lehner looked great tonight. The game of hockey is such a mother####er. You can play lights out and one little deflection ruins your night.

Colorado owned the last four minutes.

This was a weird game.

He played as well as I could have hoped for a goalie working back from what he has. In 2.5 games this year he's received 3 goals in support, 1 of those at even strength. Our 5v5 scoring ability is nonexistent. 

I'm not very keen on Bylsma going into a defensive shell all the time. Maybe the last 5 minutes or so but he's gotten into a habit of making it entire 3rd periods. At some point he's going to have to let these guys have some confidence in their offensive ability to actually add to a lead. It's getting really old.

Yeah. That's why I'm pissed right now. They were coached right into that ending.

They are flying home tonight as well, which puts them in around 5 AM. They should stay in Denver tonight and fly home later in the day. They have a game tomorrow night. 

This worked for Boston in the SCF against The Canucks. 

Maybe it was coaching, but I think the Reinhart injury may have been the straw that broke the camel's back for our forwards. Down Ennis, Girgensons and now Reinhart is frickin brutal.

It's a battle between us and the Oilers for the most number of man games lost to injury. 

They are flying home tonight as well, which puts them in around 5 AM. They should stay in Denver tonight and fly home later in the day. They have a game tomorrow night. 

This worked for Boston in the SCF against The Canucks. 

It's a battle between us and the Oilers for the most number of man games lost to injury. 

They play Friday, not tomorrow. I might be misunderstanding you though

Don't forget their best hitter, DLo. I was suprised Risto wasn't out there for that last minute.

Yeah. That's why I'm pissed right now. They were coached right into that ending.

Yes they were. I think this team is better equipped to add to the lead than it is to protect one when teams go into attack mode. This one is on Goober. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.