2016-'17 Lineup

Taro T

In an interesting thread on hfboards, a stat was posted that Keith Yandle is 7th in even strength TOI since 2010 but doesn't crack the top ten in even strength goals allowed while on ice, like defenders such as Karlsson, Keith, etc. do. Those Coyotes teams weren't always great either. There's obviously a lot of information and context missing from that, but it's a fun enough stat to throw out there.

People on the internet are talking a lot about Rick Nash being traded in the offseason. Does anyone have interest? He's only scoring at a 21 goal pace this year, but his shooting percentage is ridiculously low. He scored 42 last year. Only 2 years left on his deal after this season.

Murray was interviewed by Craig Custance yesterday, it was in ESPN Insider so I cannot share directly, and he mentioned he hopes to be active in FA and the trade market. He believes the types of deals he made for ROR, Kane and Lehner will be available. He also mentioned teams moving older players to free up cap space, in particular the Sharp Trade to Dallas and that the Sabres are now in position to make this type of deal.

Nash was the first player I thought of as well

People on the internet are talking a lot about Rick Nash being traded in the offseason. Does anyone have interest? He's only scoring at a 21 goal pace this year, but his shooting percentage is ridiculously low. He scored 42 last year. Only 2 years left on his deal after this season.

Ah no, moody player... Stafford with a better shot, but disappears for long periods of time. Agemay be catching up and Strangers will want too much.

I'd take Nash, but I'm not giving up real assets to do it. Too old and too expensive. If we're targeting a forward via trade, somebody like Hoffman makes a lot more sense.

Edit: of course, if taking Nash off their hands facilitates them re-signing Yandle, then they can suck it. I want him as a UFA dammit.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I said poach for a reason. He's an RFA and they're in cap hell unless/until they can offload Nash's contract in its entirety. Even then it won't be easy to hold onto Miller, Kreider, and Yandle.

Your use of "poach" notwithstanding, they still aren't going to trade Kreider.

I think they'll let Yandle go in free agency and if needed dump Nash in a Sharp-like trade.

I don't like Kreider.

What if the theoretical Nash trade is to open up space to lure Stamkos, and we can get Nash and Yandle? That'd be fun

The more I think about it the less interested I am in Nash. Not sure how to add his cap hit and two quality defensemen.

Your use of "poach" notwithstanding, they still aren't going to trade Kreider.

I think they'll let Yandle go in free agency and if needed dump Nash in a Sharp-like trade.

You're probably right, but we can still make it painful for them to re-sign Kreider.

Why?

He has the tools but no toolbox. Reading Rangers fans online and talking to the several I know, they talk about his disappearance/lack of effort in a way identical to what we did in that giant Stafford thread. I just think his hockey sense is limited and he doesn't have ideal work ethic. The 'Player Discussion' thread on a Rangers board for him has "Come on...do stuff" in its title :P

Edited by Randall Flagg

He has the tools but no toolbox. Reading Rangers fans online and talking to the several I know, they talk about his disappearance/lack of effort in a way identical to what we did in that giant Stafford thread. I just think his hockey sense is limited and he doesn't have ideal work ethic. The 'Player Discussion' thread on a Rangers board for him has "Come on...do stuff" in its title :P

He does running the goalie stuff well. So well he will lose the benefit of the doubt with any ref.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKIGUQq9RDQ

...I always though Stafford could be a useful player as long as he was a complementary piece rather than a core piece  :ph34r:

Fair enough, but I would think a "well connected" reporter with a hand on the pulse of the team is not just spit balling.

Well, I should've been more precise.  What I've read Brooksie saying is that other teams have inquired, and he thinks the Rangers should consider trading Kreider -- not that he thinks the Rangers are considering trading Kreider. 

In any case, I think there is NFW they trade Kreider for cap reasons, although I could see them doing so as part of a Rangers-style blockbuster to bring in a big star.

Nash's contract would come up concurrent with Eichel and Reinhart's ELCs. As long as the price to acquire him is smaller I'd like the pick up.

Likely a better investment than Stamkos in terms of the long term protection of our home grown studs. Not to mention if he's still ok in 2 years, we may be able to resign him at a cheaper rate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.