GDT: Buffalo at Minnesota, 8 PM ET 1/12/2015

Doohickie

WTF???

I see the Amerks have a game tonight. Why not have Pysyk play there if you aren't putting him in our lineup. Does this decision maske sense to anyone else?

A few days practice to get in sync with his D partner, there's no huge rush.

Edited by MattPie

Ullmark in net.

One last ride for Modo?

Yepp!

Allthough, i have found my new team in Buffalo Sabres, and this is the only team i cheer for with laughs and tears by now.

I have never felt any connection to an NHL team before, other than teams with former MODO Hockey players, today i do.

So for me and Ullmark, yes, for me and Buffalo Sabres, definitely not the last ride for a very long time ahead.

Much because of you guys. :wub: :worthy:

This community, this team, has deep deep sigh's over the years, but this is a new chapter for sure, if not this season, next will be with this core of players.

GO SABRES!

Edited by MODO Hockey

Yepp!

Allthough, i have found my new team in Buffalo Sabres, and this is the only team i cheer for with laughs and tears by now.

I have never felt any connection to an NHL team before, other than teams with former MODO Hockey players, today i do.

So for me and Ullmark, yes, for me and Buffalo Sabres, definitely not the last ride for a very long time ahead.

This community, this team, has deep deep sigh's over the years, but this is a new chapter for sure, if not this season, next will be with this core of players.

35e382d092d83b5a468505aa89c82e40.jpg

(I meant that sincerely -- directed toward you, MODO. Because of all the hockey love. And that pancake!)

Someone on here posted the Wild and Devils play the most boring brands of hockey in the league, so this one should be a barn burner

I did. They are in the Preds division, so I watch them play a lot. If the Wild get the lead it is boring defensive hockey for the rest of the game. Absolutely awful to watch as a fan. If they fall behind then it can still be a semi-exciting game. But, I really detest the teams that play ultra-defensive systems, even though it has proven to be pretty effective in the long-run.

Last time the Wild were here in Nashville, the Preds jumped out to an early lead. Yet, due to their defensive system, the Wild refused to forecheck. On two different occasions, a Preds defenseman just stood behind his own net with the puck for a good 20-30 seconds, essentially saying "come and get me, we have the lead, I could just stand here for the rest of the game!"

Saxed from Buffalo sabres twitter:

" Mike Sinsabaugh ‏@RoyIsGod33 1 hour ago

@BuffaloSabres No disrespect to Lehner or Johnson, but THIS kid could very well be the FUTURE for the Sabres.. that future should start NOW! "

Could not agree more.

Same here. The remainder of this year is crucial for Lehner, and next year could be very interesting

I did. They are in the Preds division, so I watch them play a lot. If the Wild get the lead it is boring defensive hockey for the rest of the game. Absolutely awful to watch as a fan. If they fall behind then it can still be a semi-exciting game. But, I really detest the teams that play ultra-defensive systems, even though it has proven to be pretty effective in the long-run.

Last time the Wild were here in Nashville, the Preds jumped out to an early lead. Yet, due to their defensive system, the Wild refused to forecheck. On two different occasions, a Preds defenseman just stood behind his own net with the puck for a good 20-30 seconds, essentially saying "come and get me, we have the lead, I could just stand here for the rest of the game!"

Ah yeap, I remember it was you now. I don't have the misfortune of watching them a lot, but damn does that sound miserable. Given our inability to ever play with the lead, I'd say we're screwed 

Yepp!

GO SABRES!

Its hard not to love the guys here on SS.   Love this little "enclave" we got going here.   And the sabres got me completely hooked in '05-'06.

Love the humor, sarcasm this board has.

Edited by Huckleberry

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.