GDT: Detroit @ Buffalo, 1:00 pm est, 1/2/2015

WildCard

Puljujarvi/Laine/Chychrun if we're going to get any of them.

The two Finns, Nylander or Tkachuk....we need more scorers. Matthews would be great but we never win the big one. Borden looked good at the WJC and Guhle and florentino are all serviceable. I want more O.

Yeah but he is the only one I can see coming into this league next year.

Yep, no immediate help is coming from the draft other than him. And we've seen Eichel, having Matthews won't make this team playoff contender next year. Our depth scoring is miserable, we have 2.5 actual top 6 wingers, and we all know our defense is slow and terrible at gettin the puck up the ice Edited by WildCard

This year is going VERY well, in my opinion.

Eichel is playing out of his mind right. Plenty of mistakes but, as we all know, he's 19. He's showing everything you could hope from him to this point and more.

Reinhart has exceeded many expectations and looks like he's making strides towards justifying the 2nd overall draft pick it took to get him.

Risto looks like a true top-pairing dman.

O'Reilly is far better than we could've hoped after the millions of debates we had about him. A true leader.

Ullmark looks capable and has a good base now to build on with some NHL experience.

Fasching, Bailey and Baptste have all progressed as prospects. Borgen has shocked by being a key piece on the backend for Team USA.

More wins is the preference, but this team's best assets are going to be its draft picks going forward so another top-five pick could be a huge win.

I'm pumped. Thanks GMTM.

3putt, on 02 Jan 2016 - 3:41 PM, said:

The two Finns, Nylander or Tkachuk....we need more scorers. Matthews would be great but we never win the big one. Borden looked good at the WJC and Guhle and florentino are all serviceable. I want more O.

Honestly, I think Murray is taking that gamble and will allow the team one more chance at the brass ring.  I don't see any significant roster moves for the remainder of this season.  And with no roster moves, what we're seeing is what we're going to get.

I'm not dying for scoring talent. We really need some more possession guys. I'm sick of giving up the puck so easily.

From my point of view, we're dying for another defenseman who can lug the puck.  Most of the better teams have that when you dissect their rosters.  We need another to go with Risto.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.