GDT: Detroit @ Buffalo, 1:00 pm est, 1/2/2015

WildCard

Any ideas?

None. But there has got to be a kid or some up and comer out there we can sub in for Moulson. He's just ineffective in every way.

From my point of view, we're dying for another defenseman who can lug the puck. Most of the better teams have that when you dissect their rosters. We need another to go with Risto.

Could be.

None. But there has got to be a kid or some up and comer out there we can sub in for Moulson. He's just ineffective in every way.

This rebuild might take longer than I thought, Bailey and Baptiste won't be regulars till 2017 - 2018.   Either would complement Eichel or Samson.

Tim murray might want to speed things up and do a trade though.

Honestly, I think Murray is taking that gamble and will allow the team one more chance at the brass ring.  I don't see any significant roster moves for the remainder of this season.  And with no roster moves, what we're seeing is what we're going to get.

I can't disagree. Bylsma's player usage has the whiff of a mini-tank, in cahoots with Murray. But these guys are good. You know what Satan's greatest trick was, right?

This year is going VERY well, in my opinion.

Eichel is playing out of his mind right. Plenty of mistakes but, as we all know, he's 19. He's showing everything you could hope from him to this point and more.

Reinhart has exceeded many expectations and looks like he's making strides towards justifying the 2nd overall draft pick it took to get him.

Risto looks like a true top-pairing dman.

O'Reilly is far better than we could've hoped after the millions of debates we had about him. A true leader.

Ullmark looks capable and has a good base now to build on with some NHL experience.

Fasching, Bailey and Baptste have all progressed as prospects. Borgen has shocked by being a key piece on the backend for Team USA.

More wins is the preference, but this team's best assets are going to be its draft picks going forward so another top-five pick could be a huge win.

I'm pumped. Thanks GMTM.

That's all well and good, my young, elastic-arteried young friend with decades to live. I would just ask you this, and ask this of everyone: please put above your avatar the date when you're going to start expecting wins and stop talking up losses.

That's all well and good, my young, elastic-arteried young friend with decades to live. I would just ask you this, and ask this of everyone: please put above your avatar the date when you're going to start expecting wins and stop talking up losses.

It's always been the start of 2016 season for the expectations to be winning

I'm ready to see Lehner lug the mail once he's back, I've had enough Johnson. But still, Bogo backing off so far and giving Tatar all that space was ridiculous. When Pysyk is back, Bogo is on my third pair.

Yeah my confidence level in Johnson is really low every time he is playing.   But he hasn't done a bad job to be honest.    Both him and Ullmark played better than I expected them to.

Done!

THIS IS A JOKE, I enjoy PA

Edited by Hoss

From my point of view, we're dying for another defenseman who can lug the puck.  Most of the better teams have that when you dissect their rosters.  We need another to go with Risto.

We already have one, maybe two.  One is Mark Pysyk who is soon to return from a broken bone in his foot.  The other is Jake McCabe - he's growing into quite the excellent young defenseman who jumps into the play frequently and smartly.  Gorges, Weber, and Franson are not here long-term.  One of them sits when Pysyk comes back; probably Weber even though he's doing quite well in the +/- department this year.

We already have one, maybe two.  One is Mark Pysyk who is soon to return from a broken bone in his foot.  The other is Jake McCabe - he's growing into quite the excellent young defenseman who jumps into the play frequently and smartly.  Gorges, Weber, and Franson are not here long-term.  One of them sits when Pysyk comes back; probably Weber even though he's doing quite well in the +/- department this year.

Pysyk and McCabe are nice players but they're not "elite" offensively (McCabe may have potential to get there). I'm thinking Roman Josi, Erik Karlsson, Drew Doughty, PK Subban, Brent Burns, etc. Guys who have the puck glued to their stick and can dangle through the zone and QB a power play. If we really want to win a Cup, I personally think we need another "elite" defenseman on our roster. Risto looks to be rapidly moving into that category, which is nice to see.

Despite the improvement in play, we're third from the bottom of the NHL and only 3 points out of dead last. We're looking at a top-5 draft pick once again.

Pysyk and McCabe are nice players but they're not "elite" offensively (McCabe may have potential to get there). I'm thinking Roman Josi, Erik Karlsson, Drew Doughty, PK Subban, Brent Burns, etc. Guys who have the puck glued to their stick and can dangle through the zone and QB a power play. If we really want to win a Cup, I personally think we need another "elite" defenseman on our roster. Risto looks to be rapidly moving into that category, which is nice to see.

Despite the improvement in play, we're third from the bottom of the NHL and only 3 points out of dead last. We're looking at a top-5 draft pick once again.

Ah, Potato, now I see what you're getting at.  I understand.  Yes, Doughty or Karlsson would be great.  Too bad those guys don't grow on trees!

Bogo and Johnson  are not the issues. Johnson had a .941 save % over the last two months coming into this game. Ullmark has the 2nd work  goal support in the league. You do the math.

Ah, Potato, now I see what you're getting at.  I understand.  Yes, Doughty or Karlsson would be great.  Too bad those guys don't grow on trees!

I thought everybody had four of them. 

Bogo and Johnson are not the issues. Johnson had a .941 save % over the last two months coming into this game. Ullmark has the 2nd work goal support in the league. You do the math.

I thought everybody had four of them.

Bogo's complete lack of offensive game is absolutely part of the goal scoring problem.

I hope Toyota keeps running their Holiday commercials forever just because Jan has great legs.

That woman is altogether too pleased with herself.   It's annoying.

Welcome to the FNC, where your players get a confidence boost and your back up goalie looks like a star. :P

Mrazek is the starter; he's played 50% more minutes than Howard and has a better GAA.

That was a miserable period of hockey. Also, dude sitting in front of me has a Stafford slug, and is apparently without shame.

Hey now.... *I* have a Stafford slug....

(Praise jeebus my Reinhart finally arrived!)

Now we're definitely going to OT.

If only...

De-troy-it.

No, you're right.

We cannot sit here and play bitch to Detroit again

Oh yes we can.  :unsure:

Bogo's complete lack of offensive game is absolutely part of the goal scoring problem.

They were today

He's a defenseman. We have a large handful of forwards playing completely inept hockey, how a defenseman can be blamed for the lack of offense at this point I'll never understand.

I don't know who to blame at this point but to have a 3 point improvement over last season at this point with O'Reilly, Kane, Eichel, McGinn and Rinehart added to the roster is completely unacceptable. I don't care how long these guys haven't been together.

Bogo and Johnson aren't the reason for the Sabres are in last place.

###### that and ###### you Chad Johnson. Same thing as the freaking Calgary game where he lets in a soft one after a glorious come back. Send him to Rochester

He'll be riding the pine as soon as Lehner can play.  I want Ullllllmark down in Rochester playing every night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.