GDT: Buffalo @ Washington, 7:00 pm est, 12/30/2015

WildCard

Caps call up tough guy Zach Sill from Hershey. Could replace Michael Latta Wednesday night vs. Nicolas Deslauriers per twitter

I looked him up, maybe backup if Wilson gets tossed but I could easily see 2 fights tonight atleast

Oh and Sill is a punching bag

I'll be annoyed if Deslauriers has to fight again tonight.  He threw a legal hit (shoulder to shoulder!) where the Caps player got clipped in the face with his stick as they both fell to the ice.  The Caps got upset so they sent someone to fight him.  Deslauriers beat him up so now the Caps are even more upset.  At some point you had to wonder why the Caps are getting so mad about an opposing player doing normal hockey things.  What would they do if Deslauriers pulled an Ovechkin and hit someone from behind to throw them head-first into the boards?

Also, this would be a great time for literally any other Sabre to drop the gloves.  This feels like shades of Drew Stafford's "We have other guys for that."  If the Caps try to start something with Deslauriers, it'd be great if someone else if one of our other guys decided to punch someone in the head about it.

Weber maybe?

Instead of being (upper body), Latta's injury should be (punchisized face).

That twitter quote indicates to me that Latta's tender bits are going to be on the ice tonight.

Given the decline in glove dropping it's amusing to me that a team would call up a guy seemingly specifically to fight the Sabres.

Even if fighting was still at the same level, when was the last time any team felt inclined to call up a guy to deal with Buffalo?  We might be going back to Ray, May, Barnaby.

Buffalo?  Cue up Alan Iverson.

Then Deslauriers is the only option.

Not really.  Foligno is in, right?  I think Folgno is good enough at this to give Delsauriers a good run, so he should be able to pick up some slack against the Caps.  Bogo should be up to this as well.

How cool would it be to see Evander give Sill a good rocking?  

Edited by We've

I don't want Kane off the ice for the sake of fighting an AHL goon.

I like it for the team building.  I like it for the enthusiasm I think it would generate int the following shifts.  I don't like the risk to a high talent player.  And Sill isn't a goon.  He's not even Latta level tough guy.

Not really.  Foligno is in, right?  I think Folgno is good enough at this to give Delsauriers a good run, so he should be able to pick up some slack against the Caps.  Bogo should be up to this as well.

How cool would it be to see Evander give Sill a good rocking?  

I'd love to see Kane drop the gloves (and I feel like he's been looking for an opportunity to do so but hasn't found one yet) but it gives me a little pause because the man is made of glass and I have no doubt he'd hurt himself even if he battered the guy he was fighting.

I'd love to see Kane drop the gloves (and I feel like he's been looking for an opportunity to do so but hasn't found one yet) but it gives me a little pause because the man is made of glass and I have no doubt he'd hurt himself even if he battered the guy he was fighting.

He's done it before and comes out of it fine.  He gets in 1-2 fights a season.

Did some reading up on Tom Wilson.  Sill may be a joke, but The Hockey News had Wilson rated as the leagues #2 overall fighter last year.  D-Lo is going to have an interesting night, methinks.

I just wouldn't want Kane to injure his repaired shoulder. Lots of torquing and shoulder use during fights.

Edited by bobis

He's done it before and comes out of it fine.  He gets in 1-2 fights a season.

Did some reading up on Tom Wilson.  Sill may be a joke, but The Hockey News had Wilson rated as the leagues #2 overall fighter last year.  D-Lo is going to have an interesting night, methinks.

Meh thinks. My fellow grizzled veteran, how many times have we been through this? The blood match! Step right up! It's not for the faint of heart! Gentlemen and boys of 13 only, no ladies! And then nothing happens.

I find it incredulous that the Columbia River will run red tonight because Delauriers put a clean hit on a Cap and then another Cap got hurt fighting Des.

Edit: That's it. I'm officially senile.

Edited by PASabreFan

Meh thinks. My fellow grizzled veteran, how many times have we been through this? The blood match! Step right up! It's not for the faint of heart! Gentlemen and boys of 13 only, no ladies! And then nothing happens.

I find it incredulous that the Columbia River will run red tonight because Delauriers put a clean hit on a Cap and then another Cap got hurt fighting Des.

Edit: That's it. I'm officially senile.

The Columbia River?  Are they playing in Portland?

Anyway.  On Kane fighting:  No.

Foligno, I really don't think is that much of a fighter.  The mind may be willing, but the flesh is weak.

If the craps really want to be crybabies about this, I'm afraid it's going to have to be Des again.

The Columbia River? Are they playing in Portland?

Anyway. On Kane fighting: No.

Foligno, I really don't think is that much of a fighter. The mind may be willing, but the flesh is weak.

If the craps really want to be crybabies about this, I'm afraid it's going to have to be Des again.

Hmmm...I always thought foligno aquitted himself quite well

Edited by inkman

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.