Updated Evander Kane Cleared in Sex Offense Investigation

Brawndo

###### it, the only right thing to do is to keep him off the ice if there is even a slight chance of it being true.  

You're kidding, right? Next to nothing has been released to the public. Charges have not been pressed. E. Kane and the Sabres need to go about things just like P. Kane and the Blackhawks. 

The problem is we don't know what "it" is. Solicitation, public urination, or worse.

Yeah guess so, to much And don't think any of us really want to go all over this again.  :sick:

You're kidding, right? Next to nothing has been released to the public. Charges have not been pressed. E. Kane and the Sabres need to go about things just like P. Kane and the Blackhawks. 

Thing is we are not in the same situation, the P kane thing happened during the offseason, and he lost his cover with EA sports over it.   

Pretty sure if that happened mid season P kane wouldn't play either.   

Can we just avoid this and all assume everyone has the same opinions on everything around sexual assault cases, particularly those of the high profile variety? No? Well, one can hope. 

Yeah, let's throw Pat Kane under the bus, but when it happens to one of our own let's try to ignore it. Funny how some people's values are second to their favorite hockey team. Let's be loyal to some guy we don't know that got traded here a few months ago because he's good at hockey. 

And call posters who don't like him racist. 

This current situation hardly exonerates you.

Your opinion I care about least. 

I can not find the words that properly describe the deep sadness I am feeling right now.  

Yeah, let's throw Pat Kane under the bus, but when it happens to one of our own let's try to ignore it. Funny how some people's values are second to their favorite hockey team. Let's be loyal to some guy we don't know that got traded here a few months ago because he's good at hockey. 

Does Evander have the same history at Patrick? 

Shocking.

So many disappointments.

For my own selfish purposes, here's one: Likely being on the wrong side of standing up for the guy, giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, Christ. Right on time.

Eh, Kane could be convicted in criminal court on these allegations and I'd still think the stuff coming out of Winnipeg was a bunch of old geezers who just didn't like his social media presence making unprovable stuff up.

I will have the exact same opinion as I did with Patrick Kane until there is evidence to the contrary.  You can look that one up if you want; it's on the first or second page of that thread.

As for you, my opinion is that you're being a dick.

Edited by Eleven

Not sure how you got this out of my post. I'm talking about the general societal and political stuff that was discussed throughout the (other) Kane thread.

Eh, Kane could be convicted in criminal court on these allegations and I'd still think the stuff coming out of Winnipeg was a bunch of old geezers who just didn't like his social media presence making unprovable stuff up.

Yeah. But, if true, his social media presence would be smoke hinting at fire. I had him pegged as a complete douche, but an essentially harmless one.

I'm almost positive the same level headed people who left their opinions in limbo during the Patrick Kane case will do the same this time. The sensationalist will be quick to jump on E. Kane just like they did before. Heaven forbid you wait until there is a trial or anything to formulate an opinion. And for the racism part, since it appears you immediately have him pegged as guilty with literally no evidence out there, well, where there's smoke there's fire.

As Eleven said, you're just being a dick.

I'm almost positive the same level headed people who left their opinions in limbo during the Patrick Kane case will do the same this time. The sensationalist will be quick to jump on E. Kane just like they did before. Heaven forbid you wait until there is a trial or anything to formulate an opinion. And for the racism part, since it appears you immediately have him pegged as guilty with literally no evidence out there, well, where there's smoke there's fire.

As Eleven said, you're just being a dick.

Not just a dick, but the kind of small man who would seek personal vindication via the possibility that harm of a sexual manner has befallen someone whom he doesn't even know.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.