Tank 3.0

inkman

No. He is not. If GMTM and Bylsma thought Lehner was going to be the starter when the season started, why would they not still think that? And judging him after only having played ONE game this year,… his first game of the year,… his first after recovering from injury, is just,… well, I don't know what it is, but it's seems a little silly.

Well, I think it was silly to put the guy into a game his first day he's with the team again.  I'm not suggesting he has to re-earn the starter role.  I'm suggesting a guy who hasn't played hardly at all in the last calendar year might need to be spotted starts against not very good teams for a bit to get his starter legs under him.

Are we discussing the very fine distinction between fielding a team to lose vs. fielding a team that may lose? That's how I see it. One's looking for a draft pick, the other's looking for evaluation. Both are looking to tomorrow.

I'm not.  I'm discussing the poor player usage of a goalie with lots of rust on him.

Are we really defining tanking as not starting Chad Johnson? It's insulting to the fans to not start Chad Johnson? As the great American philosopher Allen Iverson would say, we're talking about Chad Johnson man. I mean I know goaltending's important, but Chad Johnson?!?!

No.  Just poor player usage.  At least that is what I was discussing.

You're a numbers guy. You're not impressed by his recent stat line? He should sit down to give the rusty Robin Lehner a chance to play himself back into shape? When the team looks to be on the verge of a run?

As a guy who knows I'm a numbers guy, you should know I'd be unimpressed with a short run of goaltending performance. On the year he's 20th in SV%. Below average. Transitioning him to backup is not tanking.

Well, I think it was silly to put the guy into a game his first day he's with the team again. I'm not suggesting he has to re-earn the starter role. I'm suggesting a guy who hasn't played hardly at all in the last calendar year might need to be spotted starts against not very good teams for a bit to get his starter legs under him.

I'm not. I'm discussing the poor player usage of a goalie with lots of rust on him.

No. Just poor player usage. At least that is what I was discussing.

Aaashhhhhh. I thought you were agreeing with PA that not playing Johnson meant they were tanking. I'm fine with easing Lehner back in.

You're a numbers guy. You're not impressed by his recent stat line? He should sit down to give the rusty Robin Lehner a chance to play himself back into shape? When the team looks to be on the verge of a run?

His recent stat line is actually terrible. .899 sv % and 1-3 in his last 4.

As a guy who knows I'm a numbers guy, you should know I'd be unimpressed with a short run of goaltending performance. On the year he's 20th in SV%. Below average. Transitioning him to backup is not tanking.

Aaashhhhhh. I thought you were agreeing with PA that not playing Johnson meant they were tanking. I'm fine with easing Lehner back in.

OH PUUUUHHHLLLLLLEASE. 20th in save percentage is elite in these here parts.

Seriously, that's fine. But Lehner's 88 career games don't mean much then, either.

Less recent, it looks much better. They had the stats on the broadcast last night.

No. He is not. If GMTM and Bylsma thought Lehner was going to be the starter when the season started, why would they not still think that? And judging him after only having played ONE game this year,… his first game of the year,… his first after recovering from injury, is just,… well, I don't know what it is, but it's seems a little silly.

Pretty much this. I am good with Lehner getting starts right now, because he's the goaltender with the most upside currently on the roster. He shouldn't lose his starting job because of an injury, and if they are playing him now, it's because they believe, right or wrong, that he gives them the best chance to win.

Now, having said that, if he struggles to put together some wins, after several tries, I would then at that point like to see Mr. Johnson get more starts. But Lehner deserves his chance.

Are we really defining tanking as not starting Chad Johnson? It's insulting to the fans to not start Chad Johnson? As the great American philosopher Allen Iverson would say, we're talking about Chad Johnson man. I mean I know goaltending's important, but Chad Johnson?!?!

Not Price.....not Price.......not Price.....we're talkin' about.....Johnson.

Edited by Thorny

OH PUUUUHHHLLLLLLEASE. 20th in save percentage is elite in these here parts.

Seriously, that's fine. But Lehner's 88 career games don't mean much then, either.

Less recent, it looks much better. They had the stats on the broadcast last night.

This just screams to me that you're looking for a reason to doubt Lehner, and in turn GMTM, and in turn Pegula. "Look at his recent stats, oh but I don't mean that recent." I'm not sold on Lehner either, and both our guys played better than anyone thought they would in his absence, but Lehner was the starter at the beginning of the season, and if he's healthy he needs to play. GMTM sees something in him as a #1, and maybe he's wrong, but no one will know unless he gets #1 minutes.

This just screams to me that you're looking for a reason to doubt Lehner, and in turn GMTM, and in turn Pegula. "Look at his recent stats, oh but I don't mean that recent." I'm not sold on Lehner either, and both our guys played better than anyone thought they would in his absence, but Lehner was the starter at the beginning of the season, and if he's healthy he needs to play. GMTM sees something in him as a #1, and maybe he's wrong, but no one will know unless he gets #1 minutes.

Lehner being the starter to start the season doesn't mean anything, really. Look, I am not anti-Lehner and not opposed to him being the starter. I hope he is what GMTM thinks he is. I question the timing of forcing him back in the lineup. Would another week have killed Lehner, to see what Johnson and this team might have been cooking up?

Are you going to have an aneurysm when Johnson gets traded in a couple of weeks?

One does not have an aneurysm. Well, one does, but the event you're referring to that ruins your day is when said aneursym leaks or ruptures. Right, board docs?

Edited by PASabreFan

Lehner being the starter to start the season doesn't mean anything, really. Look, I am not anti-Lehner and not opposed to him being the starter. I hope he is what GMTM thinks he is. I question the timing of forcing him back in the lineup. Would another week have killed Lehner, to see what Johnson and this team might have been cooking up?

One does not have an aneurysm. Well, one does, but the event you're referring to that ruins your day is when said aneursym leaks or ruptures. Right, board docs?

Yep

Gotta say PA, I was really confused when you pulled that one  :lol:

Johnson starting tonight.

I don't know. I just know I want this Johnson to come up huge and shove it in everyone's face.

Too bad he already spent his juice trying to show up Ullmark. Back to the fluffer role for Johnson

What if he comes up small but still shoves it in everyone's face?

Excellent all around.

I do know that leaving him in until he's gone blue in the face won't mean anything if we aren't finishing in front of him.

Hopefully Johnson extends our winning ways of late.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.