GDT: Buffalo @ Calgary, 9:00m pm est, 12/10/2015

WildCard

That's the first time in my life where the game was on tv, I had the choice to watch......and I didn't see 1 second of it. I really can't believe we have to go through another year of this and I have season tickets...ugh. Please tell me someone wants to buy face value (even less) for 4 Club 219 seats against Detroit in January

That's the first time in my life where the game was on tv, I had the choice to watch......and I didn't see 1 second of it. I really can't believe we have to go through another year of this and I have season tickets...ugh. Please tell me someone wants to buy face value (even less) for 4 Club 219 seats against Detroit in January

Some of us are really overreacting after a bad stretch, this teams is miles ahead of last years team.    We are losing games by a narrow margin.

People really need to calm down around here. I think everyone* is forgetting just how awful we were last year. Games weren't even fun to watch. Is it frustrating that we are losing? Yes. But if you expected this team to have more than 80 points, you deserve to be let down. Eichel and Reinhart will boh be fine, plus/minus still doesn't matter, and the Sabres are still much improved. 

Does it matter what place we finish in? The last two seasons our point total was in the 50s!!!!! We're a lottery team, everyone should have assumed that going into the season. Our place in the standings mean nothing so long as our total amount of points goes way up. GoDD comes back and half the board shoves their head up their ###### and thinks Eichel won't be any good and the entire organization should be fired. The Sabres will be fine, they look much improved and the games are fun to watch again.

*Not literally

Edited by IrwinNelson

I was rooting for Calgary to score with 5 seconds left so Ristolainen could get in the record books.

How many people could have scored a hattrick and gone -3?

Sorry it didn't happen. I can imagine how satisfying that would have been.

Interesting. I was rooting for him to get the game tying goal and then the game winner.

You're doing it wrong. Better to cheer for your personal opinions and prognostications to be validated.

All I know is TM better be right about Lehner

Hoowee.

Both of our goalies are regressing to the mean.

You're doing it wrong. Better to cheer for your personal opinions and prognostications to be validated.

Also, I'm pretty sure that empty net goals don't count for or against someone's +/-.

I'm not going to blame Risto for anything last night, at least he was scoring. Our forwards in our defensive zone were absolutely awful last night, just,… awful. At one point Risto was defending against three players without any help. And on that second goal, who knows WTF Larsson and Moulson were doing, i mean, besides watching everyone else play hockey. Even Eichel looked really bad in our zone and led to a goal against.

Well, maybe tickets on stubhub will be super cheap again soon ;)

Eichel probably needs to rest a little,. And without Moulson, gio, Larsson, or Z Doing anything then this team is pretty one dimensional.

I didn't watch last night but sounds like Johnson let in a softie at the end, and our D is kind of what we expected at the beginning of the year.

Yay for rebuilding

There wasn't bad luck from what I saw. There was Johnson being Johnson and a a goal we should have challenged

The one at the end of the period?  They analyzed it during the break.  It wouldn't have been overturned.  You couldn't get the whole picture in a single frame so they had to sync time stamps, but the stamp when the puck was all the way across the line showed the first skater's toe was in the middle of the blue line.

I dunno.  Eichel is lacking the Eye of the Tiger.  Is he not adjusting to the NHL game?  Is he getting too much information for his little 19 year old brain to handle?  Is the information he's getting in opposition to his natural game?  He's not aggressive enough when he doesn't have the puck.  I will agree he was a more aggressive tonight with the puck, but not all of the time.  A little disappointed in Jack Jack lately, myself, I must say.

This.

And once he gets past that he'll be more like Kane with sick stick handling skillz.

The one at the end of the period?  They analyzed it during the break.  It wouldn't have been overturned.  You couldn't get the whole picture in a single frame so they had to sync time stamps, but the stamp when the puck was all the way across the line showed the first skater's toe was in the middle of the blue line.

I take it the league doesn't have a dedicated HD camera on each blue line to give a wide shot that can be zoomed in on. Then make that angle available to each team and the media. I take that because it's the NHL we're talking about and that makes too much sense. Are we then reliant on the broadcast feeds, which failed last night to offer anything of value?

Also, why wouldn't a team hire former linesmen, or poach away current linesmen, to sit up high on each blue line and give their real-time feedback?

I suppose I don't understand why you'd choose to watch all of the last two years, but this year opt out.

I suppose I don't understand why you'd choose to watch all of the last two years, but this year opt out.

Not sure either, I think I'm just pissed off they are still losing to crappy teams and I just don't feel like getting upset over that right now. Last year I knew what I wanted them to do and they reached the goal. This year, the frustration of the Bills and Sabres are just boiling over again....

I take it the league doesn't have a dedicated HD camera on each blue line to give a wide shot that can be zoomed in on. Then make that angle available to each team and the media. I take that because it's the NHL we're talking about and that makes too much sense. Are we then reliant on the broadcast feeds, which failed last night to offer anything of value?

Also, why wouldn't a team hire former linesmen, or poach away current linesmen, to sit up high on each blue line and give their real-time feedback?

Really?

It was a good goal.  Let it go.

Oh, and you can't depend on one camera to always be able to clearly see both the puck and the entering players relative to the blue line.  Bodies get in the way.

Really?

It was a good goal.  Let it go.

Oh, and you can't depend on one camera to always be able to clearly see both the puck and the entering players relative to the blue line.  Bodies get in the way.

Let it go? OK. Sure, I'll drop my ongoing crusade to right that wrong. Whatever. I never said it was offside.

So the camera angle I suggest wouldn't be perfect. So what? It would be better than what we ended up with last night: syncing two angles during the intermission.

And, no, I'm not suddenly in favor of the offside challenge. But if you're going to have it, do it right.

Haven't read the thread yet.

-Weber was a disaster.  Why does HD think that Weber - Franson can work as a pairing?  Both of those guys need a partner who can actually skate.  What's even worse, Bylsma put them out there together on the PK in the 1st period. Nice hit on Zemgus, Weber.

-Franson is also terrible.  Even his offense, which is supposed to be the one thing he's good at, is so hit and miss.  When he's on the PP and has extra space it works most of the time, but he really doesn't have the vision or shot to produce consistently.  Watching him try to play 5 on 5 is brutal.

-Eichel looked more engaged than he has in a couple weeks, but still not good. So close on that no look pass where Kane fell over.  Which brings me to:

-Rob Ray.  He is terrible.  This is said a lot, so I want to articulate why he's as bad as he is.  On that play (the Eichel Kane 2 on 1), Rob went into a tirade about how Jack has to have confidence and take the shot there.  Rob was a 4th liner, and he sees the game like a 4th liner.  The simple play is usually the right one for somebody as talentless as Rob Ray, but for Jack Eichel, passing it to Evander Kane in the slot is usually the right play, and certainly seemed like it there.  If Kane doesn't fall over/get tripped up there that's a goal 9/10 times.  Rob Ray's analysis generally tends to be that the players need to simplify their games, no matter what actually occurs on the ice.  This is compounded by his voice for analysis, which isn't good.  He'll usually non specifically state what happened "You gotta stay on your man", "They gotta be more aggressive" and then restate it again to end the sentence.

And he actually said that Gorges did a "good job" getting an interference penalty.  Yikes.

-Rough night for Johnson.  That last one in particular was brutal  (and Rob Ray saying that's the last thing you want 4 times in a row was even worse).

-Our team is still not very good in the defensive zone.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Hoowee.

Both of our goalies are regressing to the mean.

I was the only one to say Babcock is a paper tiger and Bylsma is the real deal.

If your condescending theory was true, wouldn't I want to root for the team to win every cup as hard as possible so I could give you the ultimate "I told you so!"

Weak sauce, chief.......

Ristolainen is a talented fella. So far it's been a lot of telling us how you won a $1,000 jackpot on the slot machine but fail to mention the $1,200 you lost that weekend in Vegas going into the score...

Samson and Risto and O'Reilly were our best players tonight. Jack played better, but I'm not sure what he was doing that play where Kane had the puck behind the net, and he just stood there, about 2 feet away, with no way to receive a pass. Bogosian played the worst I've ever seen him. Moulson was very meh. Chad was bad. Can't expect a backup to stay at .954.

Thank you for mentioning that play behind the net.  WTF was Jack doing? (other than playing D on Kane...)  Those guys still don't seem to gel.  I thought Eichel looked better (but not quite good) and Kane was very quiet.

I was rooting for Calgary to score with 5 seconds left so Ristolainen could get in the record books.

How many people could have scored a hattrick and gone -3?

Rooting against Risto? Focusing on +/- when two of his goals were on the PP?  Weak. Sauce.

Risto played a good game in the D zone last night.

Woah, me and GoDD both used "weak sauce" at the same exact time.

If your condescending theory was true, wouldn't I want to root for the team to win every cup as hard as possible so I could give you the ultimate "I told you so!"

Weak sauce, chief.......

How was it a theory?  You flat out admitted that you wanted the other team to score so Risto looked worse.

Edited by qwksndmonster

Thank you for mentioning that play behind the net. WTF was Jack doing? (other than playing D on Kane...) Those guys still don't seem to gel. I thought Eichel looked better (but not quite good) and Kane was very quiet.

Rooting against Risto? Focusing on +/- when two of his goals were on the PP? Weak. Sauce.

Risto played a good game in the D zone last night.

Woah, me and GoDD both used "weak sauce" at the same exact time.

How was it a theory? You flat out admitted that you wanted the other team to score so Risto looked worse.

I said I wanted Ristolainen to get in the record books.

People like to project.....

I was the only one to say Babcock is a paper tiger and Bylsma is the real deal.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting. Do we yet know whether the Sabres are better off with Hot Daniel?

Anyway, I know that you stumped for Bylsma when everyone was clamoring for Babcock. Good on you.

Weak sauce, chief.......

I wasn't condescending; I was being sardonic. Tweaking your nose a bit. And I don't think it was a theory, per se -- I was just calling you out for appearing to root actively against a Sabre so that you could tee yourself up for some kind of "I told you so" moment or otherwise have anecdotal ammunition for some future anti-Risto salvo. That, mon ami, is weak sauce. Or, at least, sauce I don't wanna taste.

I said I wanted Ristolainen to get in the record books.

People like to project.....

C'mon. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.