GDT: Buffalo @ Calgary, 9:00m pm est, 12/10/2015

WildCard

Honestly we are cursed, no matter what we do, we lose. 9/10th of bounces go against us, goalies let in softies at inopportune times and sometimes it seems like even the refs are going after us....

Risto x3  God this kid is getting good.

It does sometimes feel like this.

But I have to remind myself, there's no such thing as being cursed.  Do we actually have worse luck than other teams? It certainly seems like it. But law-of-averages says that can't be true. Maybe we just feel this way because of our personal bias, being so close to the team.

I'm sure there is a logical reason for why this seems to happen so much. Feels crappy but, such is sports, I suppose.

It does sometimes feel like this.

But I have to remind myself, there's no such thing as being cursed. Do we actually have worse luck than other teams? It certainly seems like it. But law-of-averages says that can't be true. Maybe we just feel this way because of our personal bias, being so close to the team.

I'm sure there is a logical reason for why this seems to happen so much. Feels crappy but, such is sports, I suppose.

I have been going thru this since the early 80's with both the Sabres and Bills. This $hit is getting old.

Geez, they are only 19 years old. How about we give it a few years before deciding they won't get near a certain level of play?

GO SABRES!!!

I have been following hockey religiously and playing since the early 80's and know that they won't near the potential of Toews and Kane. Toews and Kane have scored so many clutch goals and Toews just does it all. Kane has some of the sickest hands I have ever seen. I just don't see Reinhart or Eichel coming close to that skill. Not saying that they won't be solid players just not as good as Toews and Kane.

I said it in another thread. Every color guy sounds like Rob Ray.

Not true. There are many good ones.

I listened tonight. I've had it with Dunleavy relying on the horn to clue listeners in that the opponent has scored. And Rob is atrocious. I can't fathom how Russ Brandon allows either guy to return next year. Maybe that decision has already been made about Dunleavy and that explains not only Rick coming back next year but Duffer getting a couple of listens.

I was rooting for Calgary to score with 5 seconds left so Ristolainen could get in the record books.

How many people could have scored a hattrick and gone -3?

Interesting. I was rooting for him to get the game tying goal and then the game winner.

I listened tonight. I've had it with Dunleavy relying on the horn to clue listeners in that the opponent has scored. And Rob is atrocious. I can't fathom how Russ Brandon allows either guy to return next year. Maybe that decision has already been made about Dunleavy and that explains not only Rick coming back next year but Duffer getting a couple of listens.

I'll have to find the thread I was talking about, but there are a lot of color guys that sound just like Rob. It's kinda funny.

Conditions are ripe for an Enroth shutout on Saturday. 

I watched the Calgary feed, they were decent. 

I was rooting for Calgary to score with 5 seconds left so Ristolainen could get in the record books.

How many people could have scored a hattrick and gone -3?

Objectively, do you you really think he was worse than Bogo tonight?

Where is the horse we saw last year?

Terry Murray needs to teach Zach to box out.

Interesting. I was rooting for him to get the game tying goal and then the game winner.

5 seconds?

He wasn't on the ice for most of the empty net and jumped on with 30 or so seconds. I had just looked up the stats because I was pretty sure he was on the ice for all the goals and I wasn't too impressed that as the game got chippy and Calgary divebombed our goalie, Ristolainen waited for the guy to get up and gave him a Queen's Wave of a push.

Love his offense, but he has to decide if he wants to be a bigboy defenseman, or 1 part Ehrhoff and 1 part Myers but with a more accurate shot.

WildCard, on 11 Dec 2015 - 12:09 AM, said:

Eichel looked way, way better tonight though

I dunno.  Eichel is lacking the Eye of the Tiger.  Is he not adjusting to the NHL game?  Is he getting too much information for his little 19 year old brain to handle?  Is the information he's getting in opposition to his natural game?  He's not aggressive enough when he doesn't have the puck.  I will agree he was a more aggressive tonight with the puck, but not all of the time.  A little disappointed in Jack Jack lately, myself, I must say.

Objectively, do you you really think he was worse than Bogo tonight?

Where is the horse we saw last year?

Terry Murray needs to teach Zach to box out.

Bogosian has been horrible.

Actually, all the guys who thrived under Nolan have been bad.

Girgensons, Ennis, Bogosian, Moulson....

Not sure if it is Bylsma, but it is a much less physical crew. No penalties mandate?

Bogosian had a long injury with setbacks so not sure what the deal is. He's been disappointing though.

Bylsma doesn't strike me as the "go out and draw blood" kind of coach. Indeed, he reminds me of some of the "everyone gets a trophy" parents I run across all too frequently.

I think he is better than Lindy for sure. Same style but with more of a human approach to teaching than dictatorial.

Still trying to figure it all out myself. Gorges and Bogosin have seemed robotic, yet both are back from serious injury.

Much like the Bills D threw Rex under the bus multiple times this year, if there is an issue we will soon find out.

I dunno.  Eichel is lacking the Eye of the Tiger.  Is he not adjusting to the NHL game?  Is he getting too much information for his little 19 year old brain to handle?  Is the information he's getting in opposition to his natural game?  He's not aggressive enough when he doesn't have the puck.  I will agree he was a more aggressive tonight with the puck, but not all of the time.  A little disappointed in Jack Jack lately, myself, I must say.

He was finally moving his feet in the neutral zone and our zone and looking to pass the puck in the offensive zone, that's really what I'm looking for him right now. 

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.