GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton, 8:00 pm ET, 12/6/2015

Doohickie

Time for the long awaited matchup between Eichel and McDavid, but with Connor nursing a boo-boo, we'll need to settle for the rest of the Edmonton youth movement.  It should still be a good game.  This is Game 1 of a western swing that will also include games at Vancouver and Calgary.  Will the Sabres continue to be able to score?  Can they keep their point streak alive?  Edmonton won both meetings last year by 3-2 scores.  If they Sabres keep their scoring streak alive, they win.  It's that simple.

This game will be the first for Cal O'Reilly with the big club.  You can never have too many O'Reillys.

Also notable is with Edmonton's new arena nearing completion, this will be the last game for the Sabres at Rexall Place.

Game Preview

STATS:
All Buffalo Players' Stats
All Team Rankings
Team Comparison Chart

Saturday's Practice Report

Forwards:

9 Evander Kane – 90 Ryan O'Reilly – 23 Sam Reinhart

88 Jamie McGinn – 15 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta

22 Johan Larsson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 26 Matt Moulson

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand/19 Cal O'Reilly – 82 Marcus Foligno

Defense:

4 Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – 47 Zach Bogosian

29 Jake McCabe – 46 Cody Franson

6 Mike Weber

Minions:

35 Linus Ullmark

31 Chad Johnson

boyd-gordon-nhl-buffalo-sabres-edmonton-

Edited by The Big Johnson

Solid GDT, TBJ. Thanks!  :beer:

No McDavid this game definitely stings, but there is a ton of young talent on both teams, and this should be a really fun game to watch. That said, Edmonton is still the Edmonton of the past 4 years, and we're not the Sabres of the Tank anymore. I would be very disappointed with a poor performance tonight

Solid GDT, TBJ. Thanks!  :beer:

No McDavid this game definitely stings, but there is a ton of young talent on both teams, and this should be a really fun game to watch. That said, Edmonton is still the Edmonton of the past 4 years, and we're not the Sabres of the Tank anymore. I would be very disappointed with a poor performance tonight

Its time to get a winning streak going.

Edited by Huckleberry

To bad McDavid isn't playing.

One, because he is an awesome talent and it's always been a delight to watch him play in the OHL and I really wanted to watch him with vested interest in the NHL.

Second, Eichel would never admit it, but you gotta believe he would be ramped up for this game. He is a fierce competitor and there's no way he would step onto that rink without wanting to go home as the number 1 star of the game. Heck, he still might find this the perfect occasion to get his first NHL hat trick, and if it's a Gordie Howe, even sweeter.

Edited by Woods-Racer

I want us to win, Edmonton seems like they can still score tho....could be a fun game...

Is anyone else watching other teams above us for WC/playoff spots, it's wayyyyyyyy too early for me to be paying attention to that stuff

It shouldn't be. You're actually late to the party. Teams out of the playoffs at Thanksgiving don't often make the playoffs.

Buffalo v Edmonton.

Rebuilder v Rebuilder.

Reinhart v Draisaitl. (Grateful).

Eichel v McDavid - postponed.

Ristolainen v Nurse.

Bylsma v McLellan.

So many, tonight ..

Thanks for this.  I wanted to post a comparison like this in the GDT but it was already freakin late, even in Central Time.

In a season this long, is that statistically true?

Maybe I've been a little outta touch the last few seasons because we've been so bad

Yes it's true.  But it shouldn't be surprising.  The best teams by the two month mark are bound to be the best teams by the end of the season.  But that doesn't mean it never happens, and the Sabres are the formula for that this year:  Lots of new players of incredibly high talent learning a new system under a new coach.

Draisaitl versus Reinhart is the big one to watch.  Ristolainen versus Nurse isn't close.  I'm sorry but I would go so boldly as to claim that Ristolainen is on a higher potential mark over Ekblad at this point.  With a competition of TOI, physical play, and production and he's soaring high.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.