GDT: Buffalo @ Edmonton, 8:00 pm ET, 12/6/2015

Doohickie

Sabres were really out skated tonight, despite hometown refs, they played passive especially Risto and McCabe laid an egg, 1st line was working but if Eichel does another fly by in offensive zone I say sit him despite his shot. Sabres looked outclassed as a team.

I thought the Sabres had trouble with the Oilers pressure most if the first 30 minutes and it cost them some goals.

Reinhart, love the kid, he had some uncharacteristic give aways early on but he adjusted and played stronger after that.

Hall WTF?

Let's Go Boys. Get the next 2 on this trip!!!!

We obviously played like crap. The good news however is that we battled all game even if we were ineffective at times.

The interesting thing about this Sabres team to me is how hard it is for them to handle speed. I think that is partly because some of our defenders are slow skaters (Franson) and because some of our young inexperienced forwards aren't use to seeing that speed every night. The team need to move the puck faster and with deliberately last night instead of being wishy washy like they were.

As much as some of the season has been frustrating, I think we are seeing the team as a whole improve it's game. Last night's game was an outlier in the other direction, not the norm. Again, no surprise that this team is not consistent but it will come. Patience.

The team need to move the puck faster and with deliberately last night instead of being wishy washy like they were.

They're still learning to think like Bylsma wants them to.... but it is taking time to process.  Soon it will be instant and you'll see the speed increase.  I think Kane has the speed thing figured out; not sure if he's using the speed in the way Bylsma intends, but it seems to be working.  Even if he's wrong, he's confident.  ROR is there, too, and although Reinhart's game is a bit more deliberate, he's not lost in the speed of his linemates.  The team as a whole needs to learn to start using the speed they have against opponents.  We know Jack is fast but he doesn't look like it right now.  I think it's a combination of linemates and trying to do what Bylsma wants.  I can see where this might be why Bylsma is giving Jack the linemates he has, that it has something to do with Jack learning Bylsma's methods.

That's Rexall Place for ya.  It's always been that way in Edmonton.

Anyone know if it's just tradition or do they have some rationale for it? I suppose it makes it easier to see who is coming onto the ice during line changes, but that's all I can figure.

It's always behind the TV feeds (cable/DirecTV)

OT, kinda: the way streaming works for most (if not all) online TV and radio is you're really getting chunks of content that are queued up and played back to back. Let's say 5 second pieces; you download the first 5-second piece and start playing it while downloading the next. Hopefully, you manage to get the next piece before the 5 seconds are up. Because the streamers figure people value uninterrupted video more than "real time", they'll actually wait until you have several 5 second chunks in place to start playing, giving more time to keep chunks coming if there's a network hiccup or something.

I just got home from seeing The Martian in 3D. OT, I know ... but see it in 3D. Hurry, it's leaving theaters. Third period for me.

Truth.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.