Rasmus Ristolainen: A star is born?

dudacek

I'll cry uncle.

Please let us turn the page on that night and season.

"Awww....baby....you know I did it all for you honey? I mean....you had the surgery, and had to go through all those treatments. ...a woman has needs you know.

Gary next door is such a nice guy. I only did it to save our marriage. He was tender. It felt so natural.....ummmmm.....Gary.....umhh....that's it right there......yes.....thank you for doing this....oh...oh.....my husband should be normal in a year or two......ohhh...oh god.....yes.....ummmm Gary...please....right there....don't stop....oh...Gary....yes..please...yes....oh.....oh.....mmmmmmmmmm"

So you see baby.....I did it all for you!

"Awww....baby....you know I did it all for you honey? I mean....you had the surgery, and had to go through all those treatments. ...a woman has needs you know.

Gary next door is such a nice guy. I only did it to save our marriage. He was tender. It felt so natural.....ummmmm.....Gary.....umhh....that's it right there......yes.....thank you for doing this....oh...oh.....my husband should be normal in a year or two......ohhh...oh god.....yes.....ummmm Gary...please....right there....don't stop....oh...Gary....yes..please...yes....oh.....oh.....mmmmmmmmmm"

On the assholiness meter I'm giving this a 10.  

What the hell was that? GoDD I don't even know what points you are trying to make anymore.

On the assholiness meter I'm giving this a 10.  

:lol:

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Why are you assuming 1 Dman per unit? If a team has Rasmus and 2 better offensive D-men they're going to have all 3 of them play the point.

Who are the 2 D-men on these teams that are better offensively than Risto? I see no clear options for MIN, DAL, PIT, BOS, OTT, and FLA. Need I go on?

Better offensive awarenes....

MIN: Suter, Spurgeon

DAL: Klingberg, Oduya

PIT: Letang, Maata

BOS: Chara, Krug

OTT: Karlsson, ???

FLA: Ekblad, Campbell

OTT is the only team wear RR might see 2nd line PP minutes. 

Yet, for all of the improvements Ristolainen has made in his offensive game, his coach believes that he’s made even greater strides defensively.

“Really, the growth has been in his defending,” Sabres coach Dan Bylsma said. “You can look at his point total and see where he’s at on our team ... to say he’s doing a lot of good things. But I see more of the growth on his defensive game and what he can be as a defender. He’s playing against the best players every night and he’s taken that as a challenge.

“I don’t know how I view the points. They’re a result of some good play with the puck; they’re not a result of him being a fantastic offensive defenseman or a risk taker. They’ve come right in the midst of playing against other teams’ best players and he’s done it solid and in a great way.”

Bylsma said that Ristolainen has been, along with partner Josh Gorges, the team’s most physical defenseman. It’s an impressive statement considering the fact that he’s has yet to take a penalty through 25 games.

Seven other players have played at least 20 games without taking a penalty, including Sabres forward Johan Larsson, but none of them have even eclipsed 500 minutes of ice time. Ristolainen has played 606:12. Only 13 skaters in the NHL have played more minutes.

“I try to play hard, work hard and win the battles but I guess I’ve done a pretty good job when I haven’t gotten any penalties yet,” he said.

It’s wise to temper the expectations put on any 21-year-old player. But if Ristolainen keeps doing what he’s doing, playing at a high level against the best the opposition has to offer, that in itself will be a feat.

“Stardom’s a big word to put on any player,” Bylsma said. “But I think he’s a big-time player. We’re going to count on him to defend and to be out against the best players in the world every night and I don’t know if that’s going to be stardom but that’s what were counting on him to do and he’s doing a great job of it at this point of time.”

As for his streak of penalty-free hockey … well, let’s hope it hasn’t been jinxed.

“I don’t look at it that he hasn’t taken any penalties,” Bylsma said. “But I’m now worried about the penalty kill, having to deal with a penalty in the game tomorrow against Arizona.”

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=790898&navid=DL|BUF|home

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.