GDT: Buffalo @ Detroit, 7:30 pm est, 12/1/2015

WildCard

That was fckin awesome. Winning would have been even better, but I can't remember the last time I was that involved in a Sabres game.

... and the officiating had absolutely nothing to do with that loss. We just came up short.

Oh no doubt. They didn't call much but it was consistent both ways. In general I'd prefer a few more calls especially in the scoring areas but the calls did not dictate the outcome at all. We came up short in the carnival game

I'm so ready for Gionta to be off the top 6 and Eichels line. He ruins every play by just giving away the puck instantly

I think Gionta must have a clause in his contract where he gets paid more to play on the bottom 6 or sits during key situations. I have no other explanation as to why he gets so many important minutes.

Edited by Stads

... and the officiating had absolutely nothing to do with that loss. We just came up short.

When they started making calls it allowed us to get back into it.  We scored back-to-back power play goals to tie it up.  Detroit scored on their one power play to tie it up in the third.

My complaint was if they put the whistles away and don't call anything (either way), teams have a much harder time erasing deficits.  I don't think they were biased in either direction.  We got away with a lot, honestly.  I just don't like it when the call absolutely nothing is all.

When they started making calls it allowed us to get back into it.  We scored back-to-back power play goals to tie it up.  Detroit scored on their one power play to tie it up in the third.

My complaint was if they put the whistles away and don't call anything (either way), teams have a much harder time erasing deficits.  I don't think they were biased in either direction.  We got away with a lot, honestly.  I just don't like it when the call absolutely nothing is all.

But the calls they did make, they had to make. They were blatent. The ones everyone was crying about are just not how the game is being called this year. And again, if it's consistant for both sides,… I like it.

That sounds familiar.... like I've heard it before....

We have dangerous players too.  And frankly, Helm has lost a step or two since he broke into the league.

Of all the players on Detroit he just flashed to me. As far as the Sabres go, yeah the speed, youth, talent...a guy could get used to this

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.