GDT: Buffalo at Dallas, 8:00pm ET, 11/21/2015

Doohickie

When they play teams like this, don't they see the constant hustle by the other team? Don't they see that's a big part of the reason they're getting beat by these teams? They need to match that level of engagement and not all of the Sabres are doing that.

Sooooooo...... They need Ted Nolan back?

Sure hope Sam and Jack will one day be as good as Benn and Seguin.

Good call on Kane.

He's been kind of Ennis-y

I'm not sure where the Ennis hate has been comin from lately.  If anything, Ennis has been playing "kane-ey" lately.  Kane has what one goal on the year?  I know he's missed a few games but other than skate quickly he hasn't done much for us.

I'm not sure where the Ennis hate has been comin from lately. If anything, Ennis has been playing "kane-ey" lately. Kane has what one goal on the year? I know he's missed a few games but other than skate quickly he hasn't done much for us.

Ennis isn't working or playing smart when he doesn't have the puck. It's been happening over the past few games.

Kane needs to be seperated from Eichel. Jack should be carrying the puck whenever he's on the ice, and Kane is taking away from that.

Hmmm, I know scoring is down in the NHL in general, but we really suck at it. And it makes it boring to watch.

Johnson made up for his softie, but man is it hard to make up from a deficit on the a #hit goal like that

Ennis is still meh, tho Gionta looked better, our PP has disappeared somehow.

Somehow need to regroup, new game plan and get on with it

Bad game for all, Sabres need too move on. Still 3 offensive players short imo, Gionta needs to retire and coach or play 3rd line, Ennis needs a break, Moulson is mostly done, Larrson is what we see not good enough. Foligno, McGinn need a center but are basically fourth liners.

More entertaining, but its gonna be a long season.

I've been thinking about Jack Eichel. Jack has mad skills, they're better than I expected them to be, to be honest. But he's further away from being a good hockey player (in the sense that he knows where to go and when, and making smart passes and plays, etc) than I expected him to be. That's what this season's all about for sure. 

I can't wait until he knows this game, because with those skills it's going to be special, as we all know.

Well, that was kind of a stinker.

That first goal Johnson let in was just awful. I really hope it got tipped.

Dallas is a pretty feckin' good team.

Ennis' woes look,... chemical to me. Sorry, they just do.

Again, Dallas is pretty stacked. I am looking forward to playing some average teams soon.

Eichel had a few good rushes and really I thought he would bury one.  I love to watch Reinhart.  Whether the game is going our way or not, he always plays a smart, steady game.

From left to right:  Me ("Did it take the picture yet?"), SabreSpacer jsb (i.e., John) and John's son-in-law.  They came up from Houston for the game. 

12246764_897565636958994_370229076106470

I also met SabreSpacer sabresouth, who had tickets a couple of sections over.

Ennis looked lost out there.  He is just totally out of sync with his linemates.  Larsson and Foligno play a straightforward game.... carry it, pass it, or dump it in.  Ennis keeps doing these high-risk, high-reward moves and just not getting to finish them.  He needs to simplify his game and let Larsson and Foligno help.  I'm starting to think "Afinogennis" is an appropriate nickname.

Ennis is not predictable.  That's a fine quality if you're carrying it in 1-on-3 and your linemates are changing.  But if you're trying to enter the zone with speed it's awful.

Deslauriers' ear has got to be still ringing from that epic beatdown. What was that--ten shots in a row? Then another five in a row?The Dallas bench was laughing after that one. I want Oleksiak on our team!

Moulson, Gionta, Legwand, Foligno, Larsson, Kane and Delauriers can not put the puck int he ocean. The three oldest guys should probably be under the microscope here. As other have noted, Eichel/Kane isn't a good combo. They're both snipers (without many goals) who need to be fed. I'm not going to follow up on Ennis, he's hit a rough patch. I think he'll come out of it. Maybe some new blood should be called up here besides Schaller? Bailey/Baptiste?

PS: Scoring needed!

Eichel had a few good rushes and really I thought he would bury one.  I love to watch Reinhart.  Whether the game is going our way or not, he always plays a smart, steady game.

From left to right:  Me ("Did it take the picture yet?"), SabreSpacer jsb (i.e., John) and John's son-in-law.  They came up from Houston for the game. 

I also met SabreSpacer sabresouth, who had tickets a couple of sections over.

I must apologize for an earlier comment. I thought your mentioning of sabresouth was the southern sabretooth. 

Sorry Sabresouth!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.