Tyler Ennis needs to go

darksabre

20 more games until the "let's trade Eichel", thread?

He has been potting 20 a year, that puts him in the upper echelon of players. Why would we get rid of an Offensive, decent two way player?

Because everybody wants the cookie cutter 6'4" 230# power forward that all play the exact same way, leading to the exact same type of hockey from team to team.

20 more games until the "let's trade Eichel", thread?

He has been potting 20 a year, that puts him in the upper echelon of players. Why would we get rid of an Offensive, decent two way player?

Exactly. I'm not saying this thread is pointless, but it is blowing things out of proportion. Ennis is a good hockey player. No reason to bitch about him. He'll find his way. Ennis is someone that needs to be a part of the Sabres. Screw this trade him for whatever crap. The guy is a talented player. Often times does a great job of initiating/sustaining play in the other teams zone. Ennis will catch his flow. Not worried at all. Edited by Thanes16

I guess it was inevitable.

You're a cold hard bunch.

so frustrating. Totally agree.

He just doesn't fit on a scoring line right now. The kid line is perfect with Eich, Samson and Kane and now Gionta is a good fit with ROR which leaves Ennis with second tier players.

gionta is a good fit. The guy is a waste. I have an ulcer from seeing him on the ice exactly when he should be sitting his old ass down

I think Ennis is playing hard, but man does he have no confidence right now.  Such is life for the secondary scorer.  He'll figure it out.  Those 5 on 3 mistakes were indeed brutal, though.

I'm waiting for proof. I see no reason to just accept that Ennis is "good".

I could probably dig up some d4rksabre posts proclaiming some very romantic things about Tyler Ennis.  As recent as last year, I believe.

Stirring the pot tonite, eh?

All is reasonable tonite in CT so I can add my spice to the pot. Ennis while down at the moment is not the problem, Sabres need some younger finishers other than Molson and Gionta, before worrying about Tyler. Larrson needs to score, Foligno.... there are others who need to be upgraded before Tyler who brings speed and hustle. Not like Girgs was scoring a whole lot before he went down. If Sabres are going to trade him they need to get 2 young scoring prospects in return even if it means adding in draft pick.

I'm confused by the screen shot of what you posted, does that just compare every season Semin and Ennis have had? If I was looking at how good Ennis would be, I would look up stats concerning how good he played relative to how good his linemates played, to negate the tank affect. 

I'm confused by the screen shot of what you posted, does that just compare every season Semin and Ennis have had? If I was looking at how good Ennis would be, I would look up stats concerning how good he played relative to how good his linemates played, to negate the tank affect.

If you look at Ennis historically the tank appears to have had little effect on his production. He essentially played the same during the tank as he always had.

I'm also pointing out that his numbers are nearly identical to Semin, who is historically poo-poo'd around here, but who appears to be a much better shooter than Ennis.

Edited by d4rksabre

Tyler Ennis ......hmmmmm........last year Buffalo scored 153 goals. 

This years team is on a pace for a whopping 172......

Take away Ennis 20 goals,  and thankfully, we'll be back to the team we know. 

It's a Carrion move.  :mellow:

It's hockey. Players try to play through pain they shouldn't. Players slump. 

I'm still betting he rights the ship. 

It's not Ennis' scoring I'm concerned about, it's his play. If I had to place money, he'll figure it out, but that makes it no less frustrating in the interim. He's a talented vet and it shouldn't really take this long to rediscover how to play with talented players.

This.

It's not Ennis' scoring I'm concerned about, it's his play. If I had to place money, he'll figure it out, but that makes it no less frustrating in the interim. He's a talented vet and it shouldn't really take this long to rediscover how to play with talented players.

Come on man, stop teasing me. I need you to run the numbers. I have no idea how to manipulate War on Ice's data to fit my argument.  :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.