Tyler Ennis needs to go

darksabre

I have someone in mind...

Yeah, that guy.

Other than Simmonds, I'm not sure, I'd have to look into it. Pick someone off the Sharks maybe? I'm not really sure who they have; It's a tricky position because it's not one where you automatically go to just a team that's unloading, or one that's making a Cup move, because we're looking for significant pieces back in turn. The other thing is, if we move Ennis, I, personally, want a forward back. The problem then with that is, again, you need to find that one team where you value a player more than they do, and they value Ennis more than you do. Package some pieces in to balance it....it's a really hard trade to make basically. Almost a Winnipeg-Buffalo 2.0 trade, and those don't happen often. 

Don't think we'll get him, but I suggested Silverberg in the GDT.

Silly though, he was one of least I expected that would get me frustrated this year, but here we are :D

Edited by Huckleberry

He struggled early, but I think it's mostly just different usage. He went from being the top line center with the best teammates, tons of minutes and 1st unit PP time to 3rd line center. I'd still like to see him on the wing in the top-6.

This can be said for Ennis, Girgensons and Larsson

they were all the number ones last year at some point and put up better numbers

Ennis will be fine

Girges will be fine

Kane will be fine

I for one do not like the line combos

when healthy he should put Girgenson with ROR

and

have Reinhart (Spelling?) center the third line and develop as a center

also

has he tried Kane with ROR?

This can be said for Ennis, Girgensons and Larsson

Ennis will be fine

Girges will be fine

Kane will be fine

and

also

:D

This can be said for Ennis , Girgensons and Larsson

Ennis will be fine

Girges will be fine

Kane will be fine

and

also

No, it can't be. There is no meaningful difference between Ennis' usage last year and so far this season. He's been on the top line the majority of the year, and on the second line the rest, all while maintaining 1st unit PP time. That's not even remotely comparable to the change in how Girgensons has been used.

I agree with everything you're saying. I'd prefer a forward to a defenseman here. Simmonds would be awesome. Maybe we could give them Ennis and a prospect/pick for Simmonds and Vinny Lacav's contract (2 years left at $4.5M each)?

Philly is perpetually in "win now" mode, so I don't think your package works (heh). 

But maybe Ennis, McCabe and Vinny's contract would get it done. 

I'd hate to trade McCabe, and wouldn't do so this early in the season, but the Sabres pretty clearly need another scoring forward.

I'm honestly not interested in moving a D for a forward at this point either. Ennis + futures would have to get it done for me to bite.

Me either

Philly is perpetually in "win now" mode, so I don't think your package works (heh).

But maybe Ennis, McCabe and Vinny's contract would get it done.

I'd hate to trade McCabe, and wouldn't do so this early in the season, but the Sabres pretty clearly need another scoring forward.

I also don't think Philly does a deal without McCabe (or Pysyk). But if that's truly the case I'm not interested.

We're all over the Sabres lack of scoring.

The top 17 in GA in the NHL include:

Canadiens, Predators (6), Sharks (9), Islanders (10), Lightning (8), Stars (11), Blues (15), Panthers (14), Senators (16), Devils (5), Penguins (4) (with the Sabres at 17)

The Sabres have played: 

Senators - 1

Lightning - 4

Panthers -2 

Canadiens - 1

Devils - 1

Penguins - 1

Islanders - 1

Stars - 2

Blues - 1

So, 14 of their 20 games have been against teams near the top 50% of the league in GA.   3 of their next 4 are against teams in the top 50% (Blues, Preds x 2)

When they are done with November they will have played 17 of 24 games against teams that give up less goals per game than the Sabres.  

I'm not ready to blow anything up yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.